The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I Want an SLR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 PM
HCF Member
Default I Want an SLR!!!

[/align] I'm really torn between what SLR to get. I've read countless reviews online, and I just want to know who kind of SLR camera you guys might be using. The only SLR that I've used and am considering is the Olympus Evolt 510. I'm also interested in the Canon XT/XTi. Maybe even the Nikon D__.Help me out please.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I Want an SLR!!!

i just ordered my Canon Xti yesterday. Should be here on monday. but ive had my hand on a Nikon D40x. Its small, light, fits nicely in my hands, and it takes great pictures. It really just comes down to what you want to use it for. the reason why i got my xti is because, its cheap and it has 10.1 megapixels, which is great for blowing up pictures, since i shoot scenery alot.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Snail'n Admin

I want a new camera (not trying to thread steal) it's just that i dont know much about cameras but I love taking scenery shots and I want to get into more photography. Anyone have a good idea of a camera that isnt too expensive (im in college so money is pretty tight)

Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Cat Fuсker

I though this was about:

Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Snail'n Admin

ORIGINAL: Roto

I though this was about:
thats because you're retarded

Old 11-02-2007, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

I want a new camera (not trying to thread steal) it's just that i dont know much about cameras but I love taking scenery shots and I want to get into more photography. Anyone have a good idea of a camera that isnt too expensive (im in college so money is pretty tight)
A canon digital rebel XT can be had for about 500 bucks new with the 18-55mm lens kit. The same goes with the Nikon D40. Look it up, they're good cameras for starters.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

ha i thought it was about the merc too.

500 for the body and lens for the rebel xt? that seems a bit low. i got mine a couple years ago though..so maybe it's gone down. the rebel xt is a pretty sweet camera..so far i only have the 18-55mm ef-s lens. it works fairly well for a lot of things..not great with long distances obviously...decent macro for what it is. i'd say you can't go wrong with any of the higher end canon products. some say canon is a bit over priced..maybe so, but i think they make the best camera. then again, i'm sure the high in nikons are pretty badass as well.

do some reading at dpreview.com they will have plenty of info to help you decide.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

If you have an idea about a spending limited that'd be helpful.

If it's a point and shoot you want I'd go with a Canon Powershot A570 IS. Great camera for the price.

In terms of SLI's, if you're in the Rebel XT price range I'd also suggest the regular Nikon D40 ($500-600 or so). The D40x will run you up into the Rebel XTi price range (800 or so), if you're in that range I'd actually suggest the Canon 30D. Ever since the Canon 40D was released the 30D has been dropping in price, but it's still a really great camera. A lot better than the XTi/D40x imo.

I wish more companies would bring out some cameras comparable with Canon/Nikon. Competition means better prices. Pentax and Sony have come close, but the comparable Nikon/Canons are always a bit better. And Canon just rules the Point and Shoot market. Sony Cybershots come close, but Canon just puts some great lenses in thier Point and Shoots that just blow away the competition.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:27 AM
HCF Member

I though this was about:

+1

Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

I though this was about: