The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Ice sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Default Ice sucks.

I was out for some backroad cruising in the Civic last night, and it had snowed on thursday. Just about everything had melted yesterday, as it was in the 40s. I suppose some of the water running over the road had froze when I went over it. Black ice, I believe is the term. Anyway, long story short, I drove the Civic into some black ice in a turn and railed a ditch at about 35 mph. I'm an idiot. Basically, the front end it toast, including my one exterior modification, the JDM headlights. I'm pissed. That is all.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ice sucks.

man that must suck[:'(], it could have been worse. at least it is repairable and not a complete wright off

Old 12-11-2005, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

-Withdrawn-

Sorry to hear about the Civic man.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
mxs
HCF Member

it's been running for a little while now.

(dunno where the pics went though)

Old 12-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

no motor damage or body frame damage?

Old 12-11-2005, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

Sorry to hear that man [&o]

Old 12-11-2005, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

no motor damage or body frame damage?
Not that I can tell. It's being towed to Maze Auto Body in the morning.

And no, the Civic wasn't driving itself. The post has been ammended, due to your smart *** comment. This isn't the time to **** me off.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

that is one of my worst fears in the winter, diving and ether hitting someone or getting tossed into a guardrail or a tree or somthing, of friday when i drive to school on the highway it was the worst im ever drivin the the snow, you couldent even see ashfalt and i felt like i had no traction all the way there..at one point i could feel my heart racing because i starting to loose controle and i was in the middle lane with cars all around me, but i keeped her steady...and buy the time i got to school i started getting a massive headake from worrying so much about it, winter sucks..and about your headlights, thats why i took my aftermarket headlights off and put my stock ones on, along with mostly everything else aftermarkit (except springs)..that sucks man.i feel your pain man, are you going through insurance or fix it youself??

Old 12-11-2005, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

are you going through insurance or fix it youself??
Nope. Unfortunately, I only have liability. This is all coming out of pocket

Old 12-11-2005, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

oh damn. sorry to hear it man. hope it all comes out ok. oh and FWIW, black ice is when theres no rain or anything, but the condensation in the air collects on the ground, then freezes, making it nearly invisible. but theres plenty of hard to see ice when theres other precip around that can whoop your ***. its just not technically black ice. we used to get that crap in Nevada quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Ice sucks.