The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I'm 5'9 and weigh around 170

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: I'm 5'9 and weigh around 170

I think that if I pulled a gun on someone, the last thing I would do is post about it on the internet.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:03 AM
HCF Member

Marty, only you would have a story like this to tell. I love it. If you don't have a conceiled weapon permit I would get one asap.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 AM

I don't know what state you live in but your lucky its not Michigan or your *** would be in jail quick and your little 380 would be bye bye. If the guy has any common sense in his head he will seak legal action and put you away anyway and then its game over and he wins. You have to be smart when you carry a weapon and if you don't have a CCW then you have no right to have one on you! Tasers are illegal here and brandishing a handgun will get you put away without a second thought. I have been a bouncer for many years on the side and I have a CCWwhich allowsme to legallycarry a .45 glock and even still you are not allowed to ever actually show the weapon until it is your very last resort. Not too mention there are all kinds of laws on where you can carry them and how far away from certain structures you have to be if you are carrying, ie. schools, bars, churches, etc.

In your instance even though he initiated the confrontation you were the agressor by going after him which would make his act of grabbing the weapon self defense in the eyes of a prosecuting attourney, regardless of his size you went after him. The law is a very tricky thing and unless you are backing up and trying to get away and can't then you are almost always going to be in the wrong by pulling out a gun unless you or another person's life are endangered and you are protecting them even if you have a CCW.

No offense but it sounds like you might have a bit of a hothead and its guys like you that get stiffer gun carrying laws imposed on the rest of us because you think you have something to prove. Next time swallow your pride and walk away before something tragic happens to you or the other guy over something as stupid as jealousy over a female.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:39 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

In your instance even though he initiated the confrontation you were the agressor by going after him which would make his act of grabbing the weapon self defense in the eyes of a prosecuting attourney, regardless of his size you went after him. The law is a very tricky thing and unless you are backing up and trying to get away and can't then you are almost always going to be in the wrong by pulling out a gun unless you or another person's life are endangered and you are protecting them even if you have a CCW.
How is he the aggressor? Captain Douche Bag grabs a tire iron from his back seat first. The guy clearly initiated the confrontation and threatened Marty. I do agree that you should get a taser instead of a hand gun. If you taser the guy, he will be out cold and you probably won't get it any legal trouble. If you shoot him, you will get in legal trouble regardless.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 AM

Marty is the agressor because he walked at the guy after he said **** you and flipped him off. Then the guy got out, Marty kept walking towards him, then the guy grabbed the tire iron. At no time was the other guy acting in any way other than standing his ground. Do I agree with the laws no, but I am telling you if you talk to any lawyer, they will say Marty is in the wrong. At any point he should have diffused the situation by just continuing to his car and getting in and driving away. He did not do that and even worse he went back and pulled out a gun.

Like I said a taser is just as illegal in many states as a handgun, maybe not in TN, but here you are only allowed to carry mace or pepper spray and even then they cannot be over a certain % of potency.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I think that if I pulled a gun on someone, the last thing I would do is post about it on the internet.
highly agreed. but god damn is that awesome. i dont think you'll have to worry about him coming back since you pretty much imbedded in his mind that you are that much crazier than him. this is why im getting my conceal and carry liscence next year, though i would not have drawn a gun unless he came out of the car swinging that iron. people can be so lame.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:31 AM
HCF Member

damn Marty i feel your pain man. Lame ex's can't just get over it. Anyways i always thought you were a lot older. how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:04 AM
HCF Member

yo that was a pretty ballsy thing to do. but to tell the truth if anyone EVER pulled a gun outon me they better kill me...you dont just pull a gun out on someone just for the hell of it..if i pull outa gunim not shooting at the ground you know....

Old 11-29-2007, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

For one I didn't pull the gun out for the hell of it, I would have used it. For two I can and will talk about it, I have my CCW papers in my car at all times. Third who is to say I didn't want to just talk to the guy. I am a fairly calm person and in noway would have thrown the first puch or just started randomly shooting. I'm not completely stupid. I would have let him swing/hit me first if it came to that. As far as the girl, she has told him to leave her alone. She has asked me to not cause any drama and to kinda just move on from it and I have done so but I'll be dammed if some half *** stalker is going to try to bully me like I am some defenseless coward.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

In TN, it may be legal to stand your ground without making any attempt at retreat. In places like TX and AZ, it sometimes is. Here in IL, just HAVING a loaded shotgun or rifle outside of your house, while within city limits, could get you jailed. Outside of police and the like, only criminals can have handguns here, even in the privacy of your own home. ANY violence or threat of violence, without making an attempt to retreat, could get you jailed here. IL is a great place to be a criminal douche-bag bully. It is AWESOME that states like AZ and TX are now allowing law-abiding citizens to arm themselves and stand their ground against criminals.

I'm leaving for TX this afternoon.

Quick Reply: I'm 5'9 and weigh around 170