The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I'm getting my license tomorrow!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Default I'm getting my license tomorrow!!

I'm pretty excited, but I'm not exactly what you would call nervous. I am actually kind of confident that I will pass... haha any tips??

Old 10-01-2007, 06:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I'm getting my license tomorrow!!

any tips??
Don't hit anything.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Yes, I have one. Before you leave that house tomorrow to go out for your first solo drive. Hug your Mom. Ten years from now, it will still get your brownie points with her. LOL

Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 PM
HCF Member

haha i remember when i took my first driving test... everything was perfect but i didnt slow down fast enough in a school zone so i failed. MAKE SURE U KNOW THE SPEED LIMIT EVERYWHERE.

or ull have to wait another week or 2 for that damn lisence...

But yea, don't be over confident, be nice to the instructor (brownie points) dont take turns too fast, etc etc. If you don't get it, its not the end of the world. It will eventually come. good luck

Old 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

I palmed the wheel my first time and the bastard failed me on the spot! Perfect 2nd time around though. So always go hand over hand through turns. no palming, letting the wheel slide etc.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ryank327

I palmed the wheel my first time and the bastard failed me on the spot! Perfect 2nd time around though. So always go hand over hand through turns. no palming, letting the wheel slide etc.
Not hand over hand. Push/pull. Hand over hand is dangerous because if the airbag goes off, you got no more arms.

Heh.

I liked my drivers test. It took about 4 minutes. We went left, right, left, left, left, and right back into the parking lot. Gotta love rush hour. The test dude didn't want to get stuck in traffic.

-Kelleykid

Old 10-01-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

lol Hand over hand would work fine for me even though I don't do it anyway... I have no driverside airbag. Racing Steering Wheel > Surviving a crash were the airbag could have saved me.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

i remember getting my lisence, mostly cuz i wrecked my car exactly one week after getting it. oh well i've fixed the car since then

Old 10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

lol....scan everywhere! i failed my first time cause i forgot to look over my shoulder going into the suiside lane...got the same guy and he started freekeing out when i was backing up next to the curb so fast so take that part slow (if you have to do it)...but i didnt hit the curb so i was aight...lol

also...once you do pass, you might wanna make sure your parents arn't there because you will have to do the paperwork and they will go over all the restrictions and my guy just got done telling me all of them when my mom walked up and he made sure to go over them again....(bastard).

good luck man.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 PM

haha thanks guys, I got my civic all fixed up and ready!! all i need now is a bit of body work and some paint.. ;] then shes ready.. But for tomorrow im driving my sisters EK - its pretty clean so im hoping i dont manage hitting anything.. lol I have to remember to look over my shoulders, be cautious, use my signals, STAY IN MY LANE! hahah, and know the speed limit- and abide by it!.. Ok, thanks i think im ready. WOOO CANT WAIT

Quick Reply: I'm getting my license tomorrow!!