The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Intresting things about your town

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 02:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Intresting things about your town

Yea the TN-Eastman is, it employs over 28,000 people, has 3 power houses to power the whole place, waste water treatment plant, 8 restraunts, 4 fire halls, and enough crap in it to re-shape the eastern coastline if it where to blow. Also hooked up to it is Holston Ammunition Plant, and right down the road is Oak Ridge where the "bombs" that ended WWII were produced that still has radioactive material in it. Plus about 15-20 miles from my house is Bristol Caverns which is one of the largest natural caves in the U.S.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

new bethlehem pa is where the smuckers peanut butter factory is... all ur peanut butter for goobers and natural peanut butter is made here in newbie.. we have a peanut butter festival.. and in clarion we have an autum leaf festival thats pretty popular..

pro wrestler kurt angle went to my college....

Old 02-05-2006, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

rr...umm...err...uhhh...ummm....uhhh...errrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr

portage is the most boring town on the planet. hows that for an achievement?

Old 02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
HCF Member

I believe that Chicago has the tallest skyscraper in the U.S., the Sears Tower. Chicago is also known for curruption.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Grand Rapids was home to the number one concert venue in the U.S. a year or two ago. It's also a very old city, with some notable landmarks..

HOWEVER, it's not nearly as old as my hometown, which defintiely has some cool features. I spent most of my life in Sault. Ste. Marie, MI. "The Soo" as we U.P'ers call it, is the oldest City in Michigan, and the 3rd oldest city in the U.S. Theres a lot of history there.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 AM

Nail...is that Portage MI? I have friends there. Just curious. I live in Novi, MI. The name Novi actually means NO. 6, which was its stop number on the train that used to run through here. When they founded the town, they simply changed the 6 to the roman numerals VI and came up with NOVI. I also live about 100 yards from Walled Lake, which is named for the walls running through it under water. They are man made, but no one really knows why they are there.

I was born in the Monterey Bay area, which is know for John Steinbeck, PGA golf, Famous Mayors (Clint Eastwood), The Aquarium, and the filming of Star Trek III[:'(], amoung other things.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Um John Madden (who just got into the hall of fame) lives in my town. And quite a few Raider players which kinda sucks cause Im a 49er fan, and I havent met any 9ers around town.. [&:]

I guess nothing really interesting...

Old 02-06-2006, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

The rich heritage of Grand Forks is preserved at the Myra Museum featuring an 1890's home dedicated to pioneer women, a one-room school, carriage house, and the city's original log Post Office.
Depressing, ain't it?

Old 02-06-2006, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

Brownsville Oregon the 3rd oldest city in the state, And the hick capital of the United States. The town of Sweet Home is about 10 miles away and its only got like 3 non-incesed families in the whole town, YUCK.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:31 PM
HCF Member

I forgot to Add that SATUN is just down the street in Spring Hill.....

Name:  blugh.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  54.5 KB

Quick Reply: Intresting things about your town