The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Intresting things about your town

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Default RE: Intresting things about your town

Everyone thinks that Michigan City is located in Michigan. It's not, people! It's located in Indiana. It hugs the border to Michigan, but it's not IN Michigan. Originally, it did belong to Michigan, but because of some "border" lines, it was sold to Indiana.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

Ahh my home town was the birthplace of confederation... the canadians on here will know that one, mt home provence is also the home to Lucy Mod Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables[:'(]... i don't know muich else that is important...and that reminds me where are all the Canadians on here i havent seen Xoopiter in a long time.... or maybe i am on crack... that would explain alot but i don't do drugs.... now i am rambling... damn, am i on crack???lol

Edit:, wait a minute i see that Xoop started the GO Steelers thread, and in actually on right now.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:59 PM

Granite city IL, well nothing really happens here. a few murders probly unsolved cause the cops just smoke up all the evidence they confiscate. ohh there is a mcdonalds on every corner of town and we are surrounded by train tracks so u can't leave without getting stopped by a train.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Cat Fuсker

First capital of the US here...I think the only city which had it's mayor arrested while he was a mayor for umm....what was it? I don't remember what exactly, but it was something stupid...

Old 02-07-2006, 07:47 PM

Mobile, Alabama, is right near me. It was going to be the first settlement in the U.S. by the spanish I think. They started building and a hurricane came through and destroyed everything( they really suck ). So, they thought they better go somewhere else and ended up at St. Augustine, Florida.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

Hillary Clinton went to my high school for 3 years. Tony Schaumacher (sp), the driver for the Army top fuel dragster, grew up in the town next to mine. Harrison Ford went to my high school for all four years.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Great Falls, MT... in my own opinion this town has the record for stupid/ignorant/drunk cdrivers...LoL...we have a lewis & Clark museum here.. thats about all i guess...

Old 02-07-2006, 08:05 PM

What is now known as Darlington, South Carolina was the first village in South Carolina in the 1700's. And Honda of South Carolina is 10 minutes from my house (The Honda Plant) I live right behind the Nascar Race Track of Darlington "TOO TOUGH TO TAME"

Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 PM

The city that I live in is the 16th safest city in the US

Old 02-07-2006, 08:47 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

Rochester, NY:
- Headquarters of Kodak
- The Genesee River is the second most polluted in the US too.
Funny how that happens. [&:] Actually a lot of the pollution comes from farms upstream, not just from photochemicals dumped into the river 2 miles from the lake.

What else is there about Rochester... um...

- home of the "fast ferry" (a large floating money pit)
- not really the home of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, but there is one here, and damn it's good!
- home of the Inner Loop, one of the world's most useless pieces of highway, which would make a great 2.2 mile racetrack (if only the city were that cool)
- it's the hometown of Philip Seymour Hoffman and his mother is a judge here

Quick Reply: Intresting things about your town