The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Just figured I would whine to you guys too.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 05:38 PM
HCF Member
Default Just figured I would whine to you guys too.....

Yeah, so I was welding a vertical TIG bead Tuesday. My mind sorta wanders off into la-la land. I drop the filler rod into my lap! I get a really bad second degree burn to my leg about an inch from "the junk". Melted right through my pants and boxers. The burn is about 2 inches by 1 inch. And as you might think:

IT HURTS!!!

I thought about posting a pic of it, but I dont want to gross anyone out. LOL Just needed to whine about it because I can barley walk and I am sick of hurting! BBBLLLAARRRGGGHHH!

Old 12-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Just figured I would whine to you guys too.....

sorry to hear about it... but, hey... it could've been much, much worse

Old 12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

^^^ Dont I know it! I was almost as glad that it didn't hit "you know where" as I was pissed at myself for dropping the damn rod! LOL

Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

I know this may ssound dumb, but lots and lots of hand cream helps, i know cream keeps the heat in, but a burn is basically dehydrated skin, i got a burn on my hand one time, it was so bad it left an imediate blister on it. i just kept covering it in cream, and the next day it didn't even hurt, the blister was there but it didn't hurt at all

Old 12-08-2007, 06:46 PM
HCF Member

^ Thanks for the tip. I have been keeping it clean and keeping Neosporin on it 24/7 with a non stick gauze pad on it. Oh and taking painkillers so I can sleep. LOL That thing that suck about it is its right where the hip and the leg meet, so every step is painful, but sitting down also SUCKS!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:51 PM
June 2010 ROTM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
lol, I'm actually kind of curious as to what it looks like.

Get better soon!!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

Ya burns are a strange pain. One of the worst for sure (although head pain is right up there). Man I cant take a little burn on my finger, I dont even wanna know what your going through.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ [insert Dane Cook quote here]

Old 12-08-2007, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

hey wind, i've got an interesting story. A while ago, I was mitering (sp?) up some tubes that were going on a frame that was on a jig. Well, while I was out at the grinder, someone welded the spot welds fully on the joint that I was fitting. When i came back he was gone and I went to test fit the tube I had been mitering and grabbed the weld right where he had welded. I was like WTF?!?!?!?! I had no idea what happened. haha it sucked cuz you use your hands so much. Well anyways, my gf's dad is a cop and in his field kit or whatever he had this dedicated burn cream and it works SO much better than just the pain relieving neosporin. See if you can find some burn cream that's just for burns. It's amazing stuff.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

^^^ Yeah SSD I think its called. My instructor had some that I put on right when it happened. But you need a RX for it to get it. SO I am just sticking with the Neo. for now.

And I have done that "place hand and quickly move it because someone was just welding that spot" thing. It sucks! ROFL

Quick Reply: Just figured I would whine to you guys too.....