The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

just wondering

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 02:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: just wondering

ORIGINAL: Forty04

bah, skip the body kit and make the car fast

That color looks a lot like Honda's Electron Blue Pearl (in which I saw an S2k the other day at the stealership, [sm=drooldude.gif])

I did too. It was sooooooo sweet looking!

Old 03-22-2006, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

Make your car go before you deck it out in crap.

Suspension
Driveterrain
Engine work(forced induction or N'A)
Interior
Then parts that make it look different

In that order.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:00 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Make your car go before you deck it out in crap.

Suspension
Driveterrain
Engine work(forced induction or N'A)
Interior
Then parts that make it look different

In that order.
so what kind of suspension work are we talking about here? and what exactly fall under drivetrain? sorry im not really that smart i just know the basics.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:41 AM
HCF Member

Well a nice set of springs and shocks first off. I recomend a cheaper TEIN setup for people that just want more grip in the twisties. Then go to a nice front strut tower bar, rear tie bar, rear strut bar, and maybe try and relocate your battery to the trunk to give slightly better balance to the car.

Drive terrain I mean a nice clutch and maybe a new set of axels along with stiffer motor mounts, and maybe a lighter weight flywheel. Also brakes, I see this go un touched by so many but when you make a car faster be it in turns or the straight line you need better brakes. It is also cheaper than many think. Buy a set of Brembo blank rotors and a nice set of ceramic pads then there is a black rubber hose going from your caliper to your brake lines, replace those with a metal brake line of sorts. this will give a very good strong feel to the pedal along with getting rid of brake fade and overheating.

Then comes the engine. Pick your route wisely as you dont want to buy a bunch of stuff for one route then decide to go another way with it leaving you with a bunch of parts you dont need and are going to loose money on when you re-sale.

Interior- I'm not much on alot of flashy crap or hard out of place racing seats but if you pick the correct ones they will shave a good amount of weight from the car and not be too bad on the back/butt. Other than that get what you need with some that you like as far as the rest of the interior but remember more times than not less is more meaning in alot of people's eyes a clean looking stock interior or close to stock looks really good.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:24 AM
HCF Member

Body kits sucks. Theyre $$$$$$$ and it takes 1 speedbump or pothole...........bye bye

Old 03-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

^Exactly, not to mention, do you really want to have to slow down to 3 mph and cross every slight bump at an angle??? It gets old fast, trust me. My buddy's eclipse was like that....no fun

Don't go too cheap on suspension either. Like Marty said a fairly priced set of Teins might be the way to go

Old 03-23-2006, 07:45 AM

*agree.. i just scrapped idea of body kit .. do to pain in the azzz.. and weight.. so just gonna swap a few CF pieces on my hatch.. ie.. Hood/Hatch/Spoiler/Mirrors/CF lip for looks and aerodynamics.. this way i dont gotta mess with paint job till i get around to wasting the extra cost on it.. and car will look good with just bolt on CF parts.. while losing extra weight

Old 03-23-2006, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Well a nice set of springs and shocks first off. I recomend a cheaper TEIN setup for people that just want more grip in the twisties. Then go to a nice front strut tower bar, rear tie bar, rear strut bar, and maybe try and relocate your battery to the trunk to give slightly better balance to the car.

Drive terrain I mean a nice clutch and maybe a new set of axels along with stiffer motor mounts, and maybe a lighter weight flywheel. Also brakes, I see this go un touched by so many but when you make a car faster be it in turns or the straight line you need better brakes. It is also cheaper than many think. Buy a set of Brembo blank rotors and a nice set of ceramic pads then there is a black rubber hose going from your caliper to your brake lines, replace those with a metal brake line of sorts. this will give a very good strong feel to the pedal along with getting rid of brake fade and overheating.

Then comes the engine. Pick your route wisely as you dont want to buy a bunch of stuff for one route then decide to go another way with it leaving you with a bunch of parts you dont need and are going to loose money on when you re-sale.

Interior- I'm not much on alot of flashy crap or hard out of place racing seats but if you pick the correct ones they will shave a good amount of weight from the car and not be too bad on the back/butt. Other than that get what you need with some that you like as far as the rest of the interior but remember more times than not less is more meaning in alot of people's eyes a clean looking stock interior or close to stock looks really good.
i have been looking nto getting a lighter flywheel and new clutch kit. i also needa replace my rotors and pads sometime soon anyways. the fronts have heat cracks in'em. I looked on ebay from some brembos, and i realy couldnt find much. how much do they usually run and what brand do yo suggest for the pads.

Forty, i already slow down to 3 mph when i go over bumps them rims is still new, yo. Ya heard. lol but seriously i love this car. i have already replaced the axles on it and the bearings. so im good to go there. so should i replace the struts as im doing the springs and cambers. or is that to much you think?

Old 03-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

IMO, if you're lowering far enough to require a camber kit, I would definitly invest in new struts

Old 03-23-2006, 12:35 PM
HCF Member

i really dont want to lower it looks goo where it is. i have 17's on it with very little wheel gap. so i need not lower it i think.

Quick Reply: just wondering