The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

which laptop is better? help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 01:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: which laptop is better? help...

Here is my perspective on laptops. A laptop is used to do work, not play. I have a laptop (IBM T30) and it doesn't have any of the glitz and glamour. I don't even know what video card its running, its pretty fast, has wireless, decent sized hard drive. I'm going off to college next year (commuting). I don't need any more than that. If i want to play games, thats wat the desktop is for.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:04 PM

toshiba for reliability,dell for price ( best bang for the buck)

Old 06-17-2006, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Savatage

Alienware is good, but they overcharge. Sager uses almost the exact same parts only in a different case, same quality and performance abilities but at 1/2 the price
Havent heard of sager but I compared and there's $300-400 price gap, not too bad I think. I'd pay that extra for an Alienware.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:14 PM

The reason I do not like HP has nothing to do w/ gaming, or any other reason similar, HP does not make good computers period. Sure they'll run for a while, but you will have problems garunteed and their customer service isn't top notch either. Rest assured you will be replacing that sooner than you wish.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

thanks for everyones opinion, i dont no to much about what to look for in buying a computer but iv been doing some research, i found a DELL that i really like..i no someone who has the same one and they love it so im looking into that, and also i didnt no that Acer was a good company, i seem advertised all the time but i didnt think they were good because i never heard of them...but ill check into it

oh ya, its going to be used most for entertainment, not like games..but d/l videos,songs,searching the net and doing homework, some photoshop and movie making programs as well, and also a music making program to mix songs toughter

thanks again

Old 06-18-2006, 12:16 AM
HCF Member

what isyour price range?

Old 06-18-2006, 01:38 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

The reason I do not like HP has nothing to do w/ gaming, or any other reason similar, HP does not make good computers period. Sure they'll run for a while, but you will have problems garunteed and their customer service isn't top notch either. Rest assured you will be replacing that sooner than you wish.
Uhm my laptop crashed once and I got it fixed after a week. They dont pick up like Dell but I just got to drop off at Radioshack. It was because of a surge actually. Dell has a good service (except for the waiting at that 1800 number) and I just help my friend pick up a Dell recently.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

All i have to say is that if your buying a Dell DEFFINATELY get their extended warrenty, it covers anything your could possibly thing of, you could kick your foot through the screen, toss it out the window, then run over it with a steam roller and they would still replace it with their newest equivallent of what you have

Old 06-18-2006, 08:59 AM
HCF Member

dell makes the worst laptops in the business.

so please feel free to buy one, and then come on here and gripe about all the problems you'll eventually experience with it before unloading it for something just a little bit more expensive. lol

just because it's cheap don't mean you gotta have it.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:01 AM

Look companies like HP, Dell, Gateway, etc. can sell their laptops less than other companies like Toshiba, Asus, Acer, and the likes because they skimp on essential parts that no one really thinks about, cheaper power supplies(which should be your biggest concern), cheap wiring, and some use proprietary devices that garuntee you will need to use their customer service.

Quick Reply: which laptop is better? help...