The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Little problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:50 PM
HCF Member
Default Little problem

I have a problem here that I would love some, any, input/advice on.

I have a coworker who has been having a lot of problems in her personal life lately. For example, her mom is in the hospital very close to death, her car recently broke down and it would be about 2500 to repair, so she's been having to use her husband's car, etc etc . Well, I happen to still have my old car, which has a couple problems, and I really just wanted to be rid of it. It's definitely not worth fixing in my mind. So, I offered it to her. It is a good cause, and it gets this car off my hands. I also really like giving things away. It's probably a mental disorder, but I've given so much of my stuff away in the past, even some things that I've regretted. Anyway, that is neither here nor there.

Now, when my co-worker and her husband went to my brother's apartment where my car is parked, my co-worker door dinged my brothers car. Now, he loves his prelude like a fat kid loves pie. He's the reason I got a civic and have been getting into cars in the first place. Anyway, she hit his car hard enough to set off the alarm. When he came out to turn the alarm off, she didn't say sorry, it was her husband who gave my brother the surprised, sympathetic look and said "sorry". My bro has a little bit of a temper so he decided just to leave so he wouldn't blow up. I mean, I'm giving her my car, and she doesn't even have the humility to be apologetic when she damages my brother's car? It left a small dent, and about half inch paint scratch.

So, my problem is: Do I say anything to her? And if I do, what? And how do I broach the subject? I don't want to get upset at her, honestly, I'm not really the kind of person to get upset at all. My brother got all the anger in the family, and I got very little.

So, if you have any advice that would be great. If not, this was a good way for me to vent a little bit.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Default RE: Little problem

Well its a ****ty situation to be sure but I gotta say I feel for your brother. Maybe talk to the husband if you can cuz it seems like he is the reasonable one. It needs to be fixed and not by your brother....

Oh and if your in the need to give something away .... I could use some.....

Berz out.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:21 PM
HCF Member

I honestly don't know how I would be able to contact her husband, plus I'm not sure how it would look to go behind her back in trying to get this resolved. I will think about it, though.

As for free stuff... I have a house I'm trying to get rid of, and a whole bunch of clothes I want to get rid of. And while I think they clothes wold look splended on you, they may be a bit small. [8D]

Old 04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Stinky Administrator

i know a lot of people say i'm a nice person but you can only be nice for a while but i can say in 1998 my mom got conjestive heart falure i had to quit my job and take care of her it was bad she could not do anything by her self and she passed away in feb 2001 so i can say when you are taking care of somebody thats the only thing on your mind it might be a case of your coworker not thinking but i wound ask her nice if she would say shes sorry i no you don't want to hurt her feelings but she might not have relized what she did

Old 04-14-2006, 06:31 PM

well, if you have already offered her a car - give it to her, but let this be a lesson for the future.

Personally I'm very **** about dents too. If I ever saw an idiot slamming their door into my car - I would call cops immediately. However these kind of things are unavoidable, but it doesn't excuse the fact that your co-worker showed no remorse.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Little Black Hatch

I honestly don't know how I would be able to contact her husband, plus I'm not sure how it would look to go behind her back in trying to get this resolved. I will think about it, though.

As for free stuff... I have a house I'm trying to get rid of, and a whole bunch of clothes I want to get rid of. And while I think they clothes wold look splended on you, they may be a bit small. [8D]
Hatch, you're not going suicidal are you? That's one of those warning signs, giving away all your stuff.

WE LOVE YOU HATCH

Old 04-15-2006, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like she is going through a difficult time in her life.So you know she is got alot of stuff floatin around in her head.After someone dies or gets sick for me its like I go into a fog for awhile I am not focused.But I am like your brother if someone messed with my civic I am a rageing lunitic Must be cause I am a yankee.I have been threaten to be shot.stoped to fight someone and flip one to many people off.I had to learn to look at it from her view.Did you tell your bro whats up with her ?If my sis sent someone over to pick something up or whatever I would hold her and my sis responsible.It did happen and its got to be taken care of.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:35 AM
HCF Member

Thank you for the input guys. It's helped. I've pretty much decided that yeah, yall are right. She has too much on her mind and I can't fault her at all for that. Also, I am going to take responsiblilty and pay for repairs myself. That'll help my own state of mind. No need to say anything to her about it, I don't think.

And no, Silver. I'm SO not suicidal. I'm too afraid of death make it come any quicker. [8D]

Old 04-16-2006, 01:42 AM
HCF Member

good stuff on both accounts, I applaud you.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:58 AM

I can understand the situation your co-worker is in but I don't think that it is your spot to pay for the damages. I think it should be her even though she is probably financialy stressed right now. If you feel like you need to then that is your call but she does need to apolagise to your bro. herself. She probably had a lot on her mind and wasn't thinking very strait at the time. You can tell her how upset your bro. got and ask her to apolagise. I know sometimes I get something on my mind and someone stops me and tells me something that I did or didn't do and not even aware of it at the time. Yes I am very one tracked mind sometimes. It will probably be a lot smoother than you think, if not then she probably not as good friend as you thought.

Quick Reply: Little problem