The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Is it me or cloverfield just SUCKED?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
HCF Member
Default Is it me or cloverfield just SUCKED?

I found this movie so horrible. I am a huge roller coaster junkie, i pretty much do all crazy things in life, but from this movie i got a huge motion sickness. Everyone was watching it and in the end, the lights came on, and everyone was like wtf? I wanted my money back. It certainly didnt live up to the hype, maybe in the visual effects.

WHat do you think?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Is it me or cloverfield just SUCKED?

yeah i heard it sucked as well.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

i heard it was short, but good idk i'm gonna go see it anyway, it looks okay to me

Old 01-24-2008, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

I thought it was pretty good and had no trouble with the camera...critics said it was pretty good too

Old 01-25-2008, 06:22 AM
HCF Member

yea i saw it with my gf and it was like complete opposite reactions...i for one HATED it, the camera was moving all the time, you never got a really good shot of the aliens, and it took lyk 40mins into the movie for any "action" at all to start, and the ending...well ill just say, thats pretty much how it would go down if an alien like that came for real LOL

Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 AM
HCF Member

what did you expect, I knew it was going to be low budget and suck from the trailers. I didnt even go waste my money to go see it because I knew it would be gay

Old 01-25-2008, 07:20 AM
HCF Member

It wasn't a bad movie at all. At least it was somewhat realistic (besides the gian alien). The only reason you didn't like it was because you have seen too many hollywood-style movies where there are always happy endings, excessive information leaving nothing to the imagination, and steady cameras. It was different, had a good story, left room for a sequal, and was a fantastic film overall.

-Kelleykid

Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kelleykid

It wasn't a bad movie at all. At least it was somewhat realistic (besides the gian alien). The only reason you didn't like it was because you have seen too many hollywood-style movies where there are always happy endings, excessive information leaving nothing to the imagination, and steady cameras. It was different, had a good story, left room for a sequal, and was a fantastic film overall.

-Kelleykid
QFT

and those that say you didn't get a good shot of the monster? come on that's BS.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

MIGHT BE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lot of people in my theatre booed it. It had too many wide open stories left to it. JJ abrahams said that if you look at the end, at coney island you see somethign drop in the ocean, apparently it was satelitte that crashed and awaken a 41000 year mystical creature. It was ambigous to why that girl marlena exploded. Then the goofs, how can a girl stabbed near the heart with a steel rod, do an all out sprint to the helicopter rescue place. It didn't even tell you what happened to the monster. Maybe they should have done a shot into the future where is everything is back to normal, and the military explaining what happened there that day, after the mililtary did find it.

Now the are thinking of a sequel to where the in the brooklyn bridge, where HUD or w/e saw a guy filming the the statue of liberty fall or something, they said they might intercept it there pick it up from his camera. I dont really see this movie going anywhere.

Never Believe the Critics, they always say worthless things. Its actually the people's rating that you go by

The movie might be good in the sense of visual effects but story line was very poorly done. This movie would have been nothing without all the hype before the movie came out. I mean the move was like 90 mins long and the action started after the first half hour.

One thing that made absolutely no sense from ex AF ROTC candidate. 1) when they were on the helicopter, you saw a B2 stealth Bomber, do a carpet bombing on the monster, and nothign happened. That made no sense, in carpet bombing, your chance of survival is like 0%, it is one of the most effective type of bombing there is.
2) after it got carpet bombed, it jumped over 500 feet in the air and destroyed a helicopter.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 AM
HCF Member

^ Its a fictional movie man, stuff is going to be unreal and our bombs wont kill "the monster" lol

Quick Reply: Is it me or cloverfield just SUCKED?