The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling my civic...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default Might be selling my civic...

I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell my civic next spring or summer. I've worked on my car for the last three years, so part of me wants to keep the thing until I can't drive it anymore. But the other part of me wants to start over with modding my car and do it right this time... with my '94, I spent a lot of money on parts I didn't need and that didn't do anything (guage bezel, clear corner ligths, body kit, the list goes on)... what I really want is a 96-00 EX (5 speed, of course)... then, I won't have to go through the time and effort of swapping my 94's transmission before boosting it (I still plan on buying the universal parts for my turbo build until I get the new car and then boosting the new civic). I figured I'll return basically everythind on the 94 to stock and try to get $4k for it. Anybody think I can get $4,000 for a 94 civic with only 100k miles on the clock? Anyway, I'll probably sell all the parts I can't/don't want to tranfer over to the EK on ebay (body kit, probably my wheels, headlights, front/rear lip, muffler, etc.)

Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: Might be selling my civic...

4K is steep...I wouldn't take it

Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin

well what would you recommend asking for it? I obviously want to get as much as I can for it... $3500 maybe? I checked autotrader, and around here dealers are asking like $5-6k for 5th gens and most of them have like 150k miles.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:03 PM

if i had the money 3500 would be a good price for a boosted 94. i think so

Old 11-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well you should go to KBB.com and check to see how much your car is worth thier......

definatly worth more back as close to stock as ya can...
sell the aftermarket parts seperatly.....

Old 11-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Super Cereal Admin

blackmassacrer... the car isn't boosted.. I only have the turbo for my project so far (the project will carry on to the next civic I get).

And thanks for the link, addiction... I'd have tried KBB, but for some reason or another, I thought you had to pay to check the site (yeah, I'm ignorant... I'll admit it lol)... anyway, it blue books at around $2500, so I guess that's what I'll ask for it... but before I do that, I need to do a little rust repair and get a side skirt (I'm missing the stock passenger side) and stock muffler (to raise the resale a little)... and literally almost everything will be back to stock, with the exception of my header. Unfortunately, I threw out the stock manifold and heat shield, so I'm stuck with the hedman on the car (I don't plan on advertising the fact that it has an aftermarket header). I'm probably going to repair my old body kit (it has a few cracks) and sell it on ebay, along with my projectors, strut tower brace, intake, muffler, guage bezel, voltmeter, air/fuel guage, etc. Actually, I might post up a thread in the for sale section once I get a good look at what I'm going to be selling.

Basically, with my math (assuming I can manage to sell everything for the prices I want) and I get a decent trade-in on my civic, the new ek will cost around $1000 ish (if I go with the one I'm looking at).

Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well the strut braces will fit newer civics as well 92-00 so you can reuse them if ya want.....
you can always start out trying to sell for alittle more just so you can lower the price a bit for them talken ya down make them feel beter...LOL

i put my 94civic up for 3K bucks for sale on a free local site.......
i know its high for mine with 209K miles.... BUT im not selling it to loose money only gain.... or keep it...

Old 11-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

well, I'm probably going to end up trading the car in at the dealership (so I doubt I'll get as much as I'd like for it)... it'll be easier than trying to sell it privately, and I won't have to worry about where I'm getting the money for two cars at once or whether or not I'll have a car to drive for a month or two. And I might keep the strut tower brace if they fit 92-00's... I was thinking it only fit 92-95's...

Old 11-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nope they all fit..... im 99%sure....

i know my 99 rear strut bar fit my friends 95civic....
now that i think about it i shoulda jsut put it on my 94civic.LOL but o well it was just a cheapie that i had.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

I'm sorry to see you selling it.

Quick Reply: Might be selling my civic...