The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Montana?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:37 AM
HCF Member
Default Montana?

So does anyone know if there is much of a tuning scene in montana? The reason I ask is Throughtout the next year my mom, sister and me are going to try and move up there and get away from oregon. I guess the main thing is it has to do with the divorce, as it is right now noone in my family can be asked about whats going on and giving me or my sister some sympathy crap. Not to mention at one point everyone was telling my mom to stop seeing my dad all together or they would not talk to her. So instead they just talk to me and my sister to try and get all the information they can. So how many people here know much about montana? I know they just put into place a set of rather high speed limits, lol I guess that could be a plus.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Montana?

From what I understand Montana's speed limits have been set at the standard 65 for a while now because the feds took away highway funding unless they did it. I've also heard that they think it's BS and will give you like $5 tickets with no points for going an insain amount over the limit. The highest speed limit I've heard of is in parts of Texas it's 85. Almost all of the West is 75, Midwest is generally 70 and the North East is 65

As for the tuning scene... I doubt it. You can always order stuff online (cheaper) and install it yourself (more fun.)

Old 10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

where i live in Louisiana it is 60, and on the bridge its 50 and there is 1 section for about 2 miles that is 70. my friend got a ticket for going 114 on the bridge which is 64 over speed limit they didnt impound his car they just made my other friend drive it home they took his license for like 1 week and the ticket is $567. and then yesterday he got a ticket for modified exhaust.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

i dont know what bridge you taslking bout but i remember seing a bridge that goes really high lol cant remember what part of la. it is either all i know is im going towards texas

Old 06-09-2007, 07:21 AM

there is a tuning scene inmontana. Just depends where you live. Also im not sure what that guy was talkin bout but the speed limit is 75 on interstate and 70 on highway. Also cops usually give you 10 mph faster but there is no $5 ticket thing. Its expensive as ****

Old 06-09-2007, 08:08 AM
HCF Member

Wow this thred i old right befor we moved my mom found a boyfriend so we ended up staying here in oregon.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 AM
HCF Member

Nobody really lives in Montana (relativly) and I think that the speed limit is not enforced since there aren't too many people living in montana. If I was moving to Montana, I would get a bike(I already have one but you get the message) and rip up the roads. I'm pretty sure there should be some good country roads.