The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

my awesome weekend (sarcastic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: my awesome weekend (sarcastic)

damn dude that sucks about the burrito, damn those taco bell and their alpo/ 'ol roy quality meats...

on a serious note, sorry to hear bout your acl... hope it gets better soon

Old 09-24-2007, 04:35 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

If i were you i would put a good knee over a good season.
- damn good advice, redshirt and rehab, if it's torn I don't think you'll be able to play with a brace anyway, sorry about your knee

Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 AM
HCF Member

Funny you mention that, I have seen the long term affects of a torn ACL first hand... my dad tore his a long time ago when he was playing football in high school i believe. They did not have good medical equipment back then and did not know if he had torn or just hyper extended and stretched it too far, or something like that, so he ended up wearing a pretty stiff brace instead. After a year or so it was still giving him grief until he went back in to get it looked at and the doctor said it did heal (and confirmed that it did tear), but not how it was supposed to; it became too long and acted like its not even there, but it still became enflamed and irritated because it was too lose and was being pinched by the surrounding cartilage... so he had to go into surgery to get it fixed. After he had that fixed, there were still more problems because he used his knee without the ACL for an extended period of time and put more stress on the surrounding ligaments and tendons, an had to go into physical therapy to strengthen the other torsion ligaments in his knee. So now his left knee still hurts every now and then, but it’s not so bad anymore. Anyway, I'm not trying to scare ya bro, but I know that if you tore it, get it fixed NOW, and make sure it heals correctly. like Fiirkan said a good knee is better than a good season

Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

so i got the results back from my mri last thursday and they couldnt find the acl because i blew it out. i go in for surgery on the 18th of October so my season is done. it will take me 4-6 months until i can actually start running again. the good thing is that i get to stay for a 5th year and i get to graduate with my fiance now. i will save a pe class and my last semester ill take a pe class and play football.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM
HCF Member

My best friend tore his and was on oxycotton for a long time lol

Old 10-02-2007, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

ok not to take the attention off of acl's burritos and football.. but are you in high school with a fiance or university

Old 10-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Administrator

damn ty, sorry to hear that!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Stinky Administrator

hate to hear that tyler our thoughts and prayers are with you, have a speedy recovery

Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: steveabbott

ok not to take the attention off of acl's burritos and football.. but are you in high school with a fiance or university
im in college

Old 10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
HCF Member

two of my buddies tore their acl's playing football and it took both of em about 7-8 months to get back to full strength. Just be glad you did that and did'nt have the injury i did.

Quick Reply: my awesome weekend (sarcastic)