The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

my bad day...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:04 PM
HCF Member
Default my bad day...

so last night i got home and i was checking my email. i had a new message which contained a reply from a message that i had supposedly sent telling an eBay vendor to ship "my" new DVD Camcorder ($400) to an address in California because i am supposedly on a trip to canada right now. so then i got worried and went to my paypal account page and someone has been buying LOTS of stuff through my PayPal account WTF??!!... i also purchased a $700 smart-phone and lots of things for $60.00 a piece which i have no idea what they are. but to make a long story short my checking account is almost 2k in the hole (before overdraft fees) and there is a fake me on eBay and someone can send emails from my gmail account... i cancelled my check card today and froze my account... and they are going to reimburse me for everything that is gone and i'm currently loading some AdAware anti-spyware. bad thing is that i don't have any money except the cash in my pocket until this gets worked out.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 01-17-2006, 02:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: my bad day...

Holy **** im sorry to hear that man... That kinda scares me that people can do that stuff

Old 01-17-2006, 02:07 PM

it doesnt surprise me cause with the simplest html fuctions you can get all kinds of stuff.

i herd of this problem before. but on my paypal, after i purchase something make sure the payment went through and take the credit card off of there. take 5 mins to do. and i think its in everyones best interest to do so.

sucks about your miss fortune. but with a good bank, all of it can be settled relitivly quick. (speaking from experience)

good luck

Old 01-17-2006, 02:08 PM

oh **** man!! i fell your pain I had somebody fraud my bank account about two weeks ago!!! i had my check card cut off my account frozen for about three days while they figured out what had happened they had taken about $300 form me. not as much as you had taken from you but its still enough. long story short i got all of my money back and was able to pay my bills. thasnk god. dude all i can say is file a grievance weith paypal and ebay and your bank. it worked for me.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
HCF Member

Do these two and youll be fine. Mozilla Firefox . And MS Anti spyware.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

Mozilla Firefox . And MS Anti spyware.
how is that mozille? remmy? i have used ms antispyware and it is good the only thing is if you don't scan for a while some programs can develop an immunity to this program. of course thats with every program but ms anyspy is very good. you should also chedk out the windows onecare firewall beta iit is good too. it wont let anything contact the internet w/op u telling it too.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:43 PM

Where in cali are these items being sent? Do you know.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

If you really want, I got Norton Antivirus and Internet Security discs that have a couple more registrations to use up on them if you really need something good?

Old 01-17-2006, 02:49 PM

getting that wont help you. his credit card info is on paypal. tell them to get it.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

Maybe start another paypal account with a different bank account. Keep like the minimium amount in the account, when u need to buy something, put the extra money in your account.

Quick Reply: my bad day...