The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Need Advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Default Need Advice!!!

So, i have been going out with my girlfriend with 3 months now. I haven't told her that i was partially racist...I just found out she really dislikes racists. So i don't know how to go about telling her about this. Any ideas?

Old 07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Why don't you like white people? Just start introducing subtle racial slurs into regular conservations until she becomes a racist too.

Last edited by RonJ; 07-07-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 PM

I am white...

Old 07-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by burnindesirez02
I am white...
Then you have racial prejudices against yourself?

Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Partially racist? Towards everyone, or to a specific group of people only?

Example (without going over board)?

With me, regardless of skin color (since this is what we are talking about, right?) there are two different types of people. The ones who are civilized and act appropriately, and others.... that have no grasp of reality/care for anyone but themselves/the list goes on - mainly stereotypical stuff. Those "others" usually get branded a specific name which society has set for them in my mind.

EDIT: However, I always make an attempt for each individual person to show me who/what kind of person they are. I would never automatically judge someone solely based on skin color.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 07-07-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
shawty

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Partially racist? Towards everyone, or to a specific group of people only?

Example (without going over board)?

With me, regardless of skin color (since this is what we are talking about, right?) there are two different types of people. The ones who are civilized and act appropriately, and others.... that have no grasp of reality/care for anyone but themselves/the list goes on - mainly stereotypical stuff. Those "others" usually get branded a specific name which society has set for them in my mind.

EDIT: However, I always make an attempt for each individual person to show me who/what kind of person they are. I would never automatically judge someone solely based on skin color.

I concur with his statement....

Can't you just let it go an accept it? I mean NOT Every person of Every race outside of Caucasians is a horrible person...I have a very good black friend who would give me the shirt off of his back ....true story...

If your judging one whole race for something one person of that race did you...thats pretty damn shallow.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:44 PM

Everyone makes stereotypes, but you need to be mature about them and get over your racism. The future isn't going to wait around for you.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:27 AM

Um...I said partially racist because the "others"(as cvcrcr says) are who I really don't like since they are no good to the earth and don't have a care in the world about anyone else, and I do have a few african american friends. I know this is pretty stereotypical but "most" of them that I see dress sloppy and have their draws hanging out. It just pisses me off the way they dress and talk. I know its not all off them, but a majority I'm sure. Sorry for even bringing up this topic, I have seen to start a bad thread heh.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It's human nature to fear and question things (and in this case, people) who are different.

I grew up in a small town of about 15,000 people, and according to the 2000 census (I moved away in '01) that was only .03% African American. Hell, I'd never even SEEN a Mexican until I moved to Grand Rapids.

I honestly do not feel that anyone should HAVE to change their ways. As Americans we are taught tolerance, but tolerance != acceptance. It is my RIGHT and FREEDOM to think of anyone as I wish. I'm not going to cause a scene or join in on the Friday night "***-drag," but I'm also not going to trust and surround myself with a people with whom I'm not comfortable.

Quick Reply: Need Advice!!!