The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: Car options
Option 1 (Mustang + EG/EK)
11.11%
Option 2 (S2000)
22.22%
Option 3 (350Z)
5.56%
Option 4 (DC5)
61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

need help deciding (yes one of these again lawlz)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:29 AM
HCF Member

S2k!!! Test drive one and you'll fall so much in love with it's flickable handling you'll never want a fwd again

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but the s really is an amazing car. my bro has an s also and a dc5 and he never touches the rsx anymore since the s feels so much better. He bought snow tires too so it's not a problem for him here in co. I personally use my civic beater for the winter, and insurance for the s is cheap since I have my s listed under pleasure secondary car

Last edited by theblackpearl; 09-21-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Super Cereal Admin

The problem being I wouldn't have a winter beater, nor would I be able to afford it. Option 4 would give me extra money (compared to 2 & 3) to spend on mods, as would option 1 (but 1 would have me trying to modify two cars at once). I would have winter-friendly cars with options 1 & 4.

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
None of the above... but a turbo dodge...like a daytona or an Omni GLHS
I. Hate. Chrysler. The only thing I ever did to a Dodge that I actually enjoyed doing was taking 22's off a 2010 Charger and putting the stock wheels back on.

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
s2kkkkkkkkkkkk

and btw if soft top is a problem, there is a hard top available for it
I'm aware of that. The only problem is it's ~$2,000 for the top alone from a dealership plus all the miscellaneous things like hardware. Aftermarket ones aren't much better, ranging from $2-4k+. If I were to get the S, I probably wouldn't settle for anything less than the Bulletproof fastback roof.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
The problem being I wouldn't have a winter beater, nor would I be able to afford it. Option 4 would give me extra money (compared to 2 & 3) to spend on mods, as would option 1 (but 1 would have me trying to modify two cars at once). I would have winter-friendly cars with options 1 & 4.

I'm aware of that. The only problem is it's ~$2,000 for the top alone from a dealership plus all the miscellaneous things like hardware. Aftermarket ones aren't much better, ranging from $2-4k+. If I were to get the S, I probably wouldn't settle for anything less than the Bulletproof fastback roof.
then buy winter tires and you're good to go for winter. and buy my new cf mugen style hardtop for 1800 with hardware and window for 1800

Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 PM
July 2010 ROTM

goes like hell shelby = epic fail. get an eg man. and be happy. and sell the mustang too.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Super Cereal Admin

... yeah. The civic isn't a standalone option. The only FF car I can think of off-hand that I'd be willing to give up the mustang for is the RSX.

tbp:
Or I could get the Bulletproof hardtop:

But even with snow tires a FF is going to do better getting traction on hills than a FR. Not to mention a RWD car will not be getting into my driveway if there's snow on the driveway. That's the biggest downside to RWD. Really, a FWD car would suit my needs provided I don't get too power-hungry. I don't drive like a teenager on the streets and I have yet to visit a track. As far as handling, I think I'll be able to take whatever car into a competent-handling street car.

Anyway, pics for motivation:

(That's the Bulletproof hardtop I was talking about)

Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

lol, you're talking about the price of the s2k being too high and then you want the hardtop from bulletproof who is a director importer of spoon hardtops which costs like 4k+. that's more than half of what i paid for my s2k, and half the price of my bro's s2k.

i'm sure you can get any of the above cars to handle great like the s, but the s's handling will always "feel" better lol

but if rwd is such a set back for you and if you're not interested in the track then ek ftw

Last edited by theblackpearl; 09-21-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, I'm going with the crowd here - DC5. And I have never heard them or considered them to be a chick car.

Mike

Old 09-22-2010, 05:45 AM
August 2010 ROTM

S2k FTW!! I love S2000's. My 2nd choice would be an EK coupe/hatch...

Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Truth be told, I'm starting to lean towards option 1. I've noticed so far if I let the idle settle after starting the car (let it idle for ~30-60 seconds) before even putting it in gear it doesn't knock. My theory ATM is that due to the initial low idle (on startup it tries to idle at 350-400rpm) the oil pump isn't pushing enough volume, causing the knock. Why the knock continues I have no clue. I'm thinking it might be as simple as switching to 0w20 oil (instead of 5w20) and simply taking a full minute to let the idle settle in before driving it (lately I've been impatient about it).

And tbp, that's pretty much exactly what I'm talking about; I don't want to buy a car and then spend 50% of the car's value to change one thing appearance-wise.

Honestly, the three biggest things the DC5 has over the EK are the ITR wing (I love a big wing that still manages to look clean), the K-series, and the 6-speed. Spending $3,000 on an EK and $5,000 on a k20a2 swap would eliminate two of those advantages, and I think I'd be happy lol.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Chubby Chaser

put some lucas in it and call it a day, then post it on craigslist and mautofied.com and trade it off for a decent civic end story and decision making/

Quick Reply: need help deciding (yes one of these again lawlz)