The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

need ideas on my 06 civic

Old 12-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Default need ideas on my 06 civic

i'm new in this forum. i was juss wondering if u guys hav any ideas to do with ma new ride. i dunno if i should work on da exterior firts cuz da interior looks fine as it is. can't really change da deck on dis car cuz its mounted in. i'm not sure whether i should get a 10" or 12" sub woofer.da stock system is not bad but i'm hungry for more bass. i'm planning on changing da rims dis spring and i wanna kno if it will affect da springs or nething else. 16" s i think are big enuff cuz i dunt want the tires hitting da fenders. and i also dunt even think i hav to lower it cuz it looks low enuff. if u guys hav ne good ideas to tell me pls let me know i'd be glad to hear dem all.

Old 12-15-2005, 03:00 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: need ideas on my 06 civic

I've found it's easier to do one thing at a time. What are you looking for first? Appearance (Interior & Exterior), Performance, Suspension/Handling, Sound System? It helps to narrow your search down. It sounds like you are leaning more towards Appearance and a Sound System, so start there. You into body kits? Lips? Spoilers? If so what kinds? Google it or I'm sure people on here have suggestions you can look at yourself. And don't let anyone tell you, "That's rice" or whatever. It's your car, not theirs!

Can't help you much on the sound system, cuz everyone has their own preferences. Check out the Audio/Visual section on the main page to get more ideas, to include the "Your System??" link. Personally, I've got 2 1600W 10" and I wouldn't trade them for any type of 12's.

As to wheels, same story. 16's are the happy medium between them all, above that, you'll start feeling a rougher ride. Don't have to worry about the tires hitting the fenders though...The reason you end up with a rougher ride as the sizes get bigger is cuz the bigger the wheel, the smaller the tire. You could put 18's in there fine, cuz there will be barely any rubber 'round it! If you think it's low enough, cool. I'm sure if you put those 16's in there, it could still go a couple inches lower! I don't think putting bigger wheels'll hurt the rest of the suspension, but I'm sure others could help you out more with that. Anyway, it's 3AM and I'm just rambling. Hope that helps you more than it hinders!

Old 12-15-2005, 04:37 AM

doing one thing at a time does sound easier to do. i am planning on getting an amp and a sub first. can't really do anything with da body right now cuz winter juss got started.i'm kinda having doubts though when it comes to changing da 2 front speakers.i kinda dunt like da idea of taking da door panels off cuz i'm afraid it might make clicking noises after you put dem bakk in place.got dis 06 civic da first week it came out so its styll pretty brand new. i'm gonna hav to find guys who can do a good job installing it.

bw thanx for da tips and advices skytanker i appreciate u for takin ur time.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:56 AM

Personally, I'd start with the little stuff. For example - my work just tinted four '06 Civics and they look pretty nice with tint. Try some nicer wheels as well.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:00 AM
HCF Member

Heres some advice, when you post, write in normal english. The da and dis makes it really hard to follow.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

^^^ i concur

Old 12-15-2005, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

oh come on...dont be flamming the ghetto talk...

i love this forum u guys dont flame having rice!...haha i got soo busted up for having an unpainted kit...

suggestion...is wait on ur interior stuff probably with in the next year they willc ome out with a faceplate for a swapable deck...if not ill make one..muahhaha.... i plan on getting mine tinted over the factory tint.... and blacking out my headlights and tail lights..its gonna be one hunni ill get in thats darker then night....thats not ment to be bad..but honestly the only bright thing on that car will be the si tag

Old 12-15-2005, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

depending on how much you want to drop into your civic and what type of things your going for you can get a place to do some custome upolstry for your seats if you no a color sceam you want to go for..but i would give it some tint first like ^someone said, and get bigger rims..the new civic are i think 4 inchs bigger then the 05's all around..i would do 17" or even 18" would look good because its a bigger car now comparied to like a 95

Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 PM
HCF Member

Save your money and wait for hondata to come out with a re-flash for your ecu, and do the regular bolt-ons like a intake, exhaust maybe lower it a lil

I am a firm follower of function before form.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: md420
I am a firm follower of function before form.
Well spoken.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need ideas on my 06 civic