The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Need some help with engine details

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Default Need some help with engine details

I want to do a www.project336.com car, but they are not supplying engines. I have built some tqs and done plenty of go kart racing. But the tuner world is new to me. The guys at project336 said I need an accord or civic type R engine. My question is, are all the b series engines and transmissions the same on the outside? I mean will they all bolt in and out of the same cars. If there is a guy that wants to work part time with me on the project, handling the tuner related items, I will be glad to exchange your time for laps at limerock. I am just starting my education on the b series engines. Looks like stock would be plenty awesome to start with and best of all cheap.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need some help with engine details

ur gunna need to reserch what will go directly into your engine, what u need to get mounting kits for, and what you will really need to work HARD for, but virtually anything can be done (ive read a book by a guy who converted his civic to RWD and dropped in a S2000 engine) it just all depends on the amount of work your willing to do.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:12 PM

Thanks, they said its a "bolt in" but you know what that means. I guess my question is can I take any b16 for now and start up grading from their. Frankly I am just excited about getting that type of car on the road. Only 1000lbs, even with 150hp, it should be killer.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

if the b16 will bolt in, then most honda motors, except the v6s and the new K series, and the f20c from the s2000, will go in pretty easy. what is your engine budget?

Old 05-12-2005, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

Whoa! That would cure my need for speed. Sac is right, with the exception he listed above most honda motors work in hondas. Since your technically building a honda with a new face, the sky is the limit, you ought to look into supercharging the damn thing. Oh, there is one major important thing that I would get if I was going to do that, get good seatbelts.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

and a good helmet.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the feed back guys.

Cook you noodle on this, in the pics it looks like the exhaust is on the rear bumper side. Meaning it would seem as if the civic engine was spun 180 deg, from a top view. Wouldn’t that give you 5 gears in reverse? Do late model civics have a different layout then older models?
Thanks

Old 05-14-2005, 12:03 AM
HCF Member

dude, i finally went to the site to check it out, and i think i might not be getting a Bike afterall. damn, that could be a beast with the b16a i have sitting in my bros garage.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:00 PM
HCF Member

would it be possible to put a F20 in? like could you make it RWD?

Old 05-14-2005, 08:16 PM

NailI3unny, the 336 is RWD and its fxxxing awesome. I am trying to figure out how they spun the engine around, and still have 5 forward gears instead of reverse. Does anyone here know if a K spins cw and if you can couple it up to a civic trans.

Sacoius, yea it seems more than ever a good alterative to a bike. I love street bike of all types, I own 2 crotch rockets. But a good buddy of mine wrecked real bad 4 weeks ago because of some sand on the road; he may never use his arm again. He is 19 and got busted up real bad. It sucks. If he didn’t have the helmet on, it would have been DOA….Bike actually broke into 3 big pieces and about 1000 little ones. Bikes will always be my first love, especially MX, but after all the injuries my friends have had, from broken backs, legs, arms, and now this 19 year old maybe losing an arm. I personally go to hang up my leathers and chest protector. I am going to try to keep some steel wrapped around me in future, maybe even some carbon fiber….

Quick Reply: Need some help with engine details