The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: Which Console should I buy as a first?
Xbox 360
33.33%
Wii
13.33%
ps3
46.67%
buy a wii now and get another console later
6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Next Gen Console Choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
HCF Member
Default Next Gen Console Choice

If or when you guy's that like to game bought your next gen console, what did you choose? If you had a choice of a Wii, 360 or ps3 what would you get? My friend's about to buy one and I want him to get Wii lol, so we can play mario kart and stuff like that, although I like the 360 alot. What would you buy first?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

i have 360 its garbagfe lol they break all the time and not as many features as PS3 but wii is its own style and its real fun with mario cart and supersmash bros lol

Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i vote 360.... they may red light.... but they will fix theproblem promptly.... plus they are suposedly coming out with a larger better version of the 360...

Old 09-12-2008, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

yes ^^ I think my 360 i just got has a smaller chance of red lighting as well, I waited out the first while when so many people were having these problems with the red lights. I will probally convince him to get a 360 just for the online stuff and I actually might buy a wii tonight if i can find one lol (im not a nerd lol, my sister has been harassing me to buy one probally so she can eventually take over it and steal it away lol) Btw I will be signing up my live account right away and add you guys to it. ps3 is pretty sweet too!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

My vote is for the PS3... IMO it's got the most potential of the next-gen. 360 had the better release titles, but now that developers are getting more accustomed to programming for the PS3's cell architecture, things are coming along nicely.

Wii is fun as hell, but at the end of the day, it's still a bit gimmicky (for me, at least)

Alternatively, you could get one of each and add yourself to the ranks of the "PSwii60" owners

Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

PS3... gotta love the blu ray and the 1080p high def. looks amazing

Old 09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

^^ ya im thinking the ps3 is what i want for my power/do everything console plus I love gran turismo series and alot of the sony games plus I grew up with sony starting on the old ps. The wii gimicky ill agree but the kid/nerd in me want's that mario kart/ mario galaxy and super smash bros. I appreciate everyone's input on it though and the poll is kind of cool.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:10 AM
HCF Member

i'd say get it the 360 just because of the online features. I do agree about the red light being trouble some but it is well worth the money. I just like the price on the PS3 and the wii well ive never used it but I plan on getting one for my mother her shortly. An ealier christmas gift as she calls it. But other than that Thats my input.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:27 AM
HCF Member

I say PS3 hands down, besides you have to pay to be online with the Xbox.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:56 AM
Recognized HCF Member

IMO the wii is a PITA after awhile..... its defintly not one of those consoles you can play all day long... your wristes and arms will be hurting very fast!!!!!!

i was going to buy one of those awhile back but then my friend at work she went on vacation and let me borrow it for a week and after 3days of afternnon playing with it i was burned out on the whole console and boxed it back up and went back to my 360.LOL

ive had the 360since it came out. yes the day it came out.LOL i got lucky as hell at a best buy after they passed out the tickets and everyone left but one group of kids there since they didnt have a car to go back home.LOL i was the first one in the scavenger line we called it and about3-4hours later when they opened one of those ticket guys did not come back on time and they called my name since we made them make a list for the scavenger line and well i got a core version. the last one they had it was great!
but after playing it for about 1-2months i looked on ebay and seen how much people where paying for even the CORE 360s.... i said. O HELL YA and poped mine on ebay and got over double what i paid for it.LOL i waited another 6months and spent just over half of what i got off ebay and bought me a premium off ebay since i was tired of waiting.LOL
that one took about a year or two to red light me. i did the old walmart swap bought a new one, swaped it out and turned it back into walmart saying i just wanted a refund because of unespected bills.LOL and 2 years later that one red lighted on me and i actualy sent it into xbox for the free repair, took about 2-3weeks i think to get it repaired and back to me. and ive been playing it since.

but as for the red lights of death they do have a few ways to fix the unit yourself now.
theres a penny trick, that acts more like a heat sink on the processors for extra cooling, and another which actualy replaces the weak @ss spring X clip on the main processor that uses bolts to clamp that sucker down firm to the board for better cooling.
if my xbox red lights again im gonna try the two fix ways myself

but when the new hardcore 360comes out im still gonna pick it up for sure.

Quick Reply: Next Gen Console Choice