The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Nextel

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra
Default Nextel

I have Nextel (which I'm getting rid of next week) but I cant stand that annoying lady with that recording whenever someone with Nextel was out of service (which is ALWAYS) and said "Please hold while the Nextel subscriper you are trying to reach is located".

Well I dont have to listen to that anymore now!!! Now whenever I call someone with a Nextel and they are out of service it says "Please hold while the Sprint subscriper you are trying to reach is located". Sprint bought out Nextel at the beginning of the year and they said it would take about a year for the merge to go through.

What I'm wondering is whats going to happen with the Nextel Cup now are they going to be changing names again?

Old 08-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Nextel

Good point.. I have no idea what they'll do. I have a Nextel too, but but mine works great. Not to mention its paid for through work, so it doesnt cost me a dime... ...maybe thats why i like it so much

Old 08-24-2005, 10:50 AM

I've been with Nextel for 4 1/2 years and hate them so next week when my contract is up I'm switching to Verizon. I'm getting the new Motorola E815 with VCAST so I can watch music videos and surf HCF from my phone!!! hahaha

Old 08-24-2005, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

i have a nextel. when my plan runs out im getting sprint tho

Old 08-24-2005, 12:03 PM

if you have nextel now you already are with sprint

try this: without turning the power off of your Nextel, take the battery out so it turns itself off. Then from another phone try calling your Nextel and listen to what that recorded message says, it says "Please hold while the sprint subscriper you are trying to reach is located" but yet on the back of your phone says Nextel, right? Well because Sprint bought out Nextel.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

civteg........i got rid of my nextel and got verizon too..............i had the i860 phone........the bill was about 80 a month.......now with verizon its about 40. MUCH BETTER SERVICE TOO!

Old 08-24-2005, 11:20 PM
HCF Member

Save yourself time and get Verizon We've had them since they acquired Airtouch (we were originally AT customers). We've had maybe 3 calls dropped total. Great customer service and no funky stuff going on like having to listen to the "We're locating the Nextel subscriber for you" stuff. I think Verizon just forwards you to the voicemail if the phone is out of range--not sure. Coverage is great too; my phone has worked flawlessly from Hawaii to NYC and in the sticks of Alabama with no reprogramming or extra charges.

Can you tell I like Verizon?

Old 08-25-2005, 12:57 AM

Nextel is the best in Va

Old 08-25-2005, 01:02 AM

Nextel is old school. Sprint will be converting them over to CDMA soon,
have faith in Sprint, they'll get everything squared away soon enough.
Trust me, I know these things.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Omen68

Nextel is old school. Sprint will be converting them over to CDMA soon,
have faith in Sprint, they'll get everything squared away soon enough.
Trust me, I know these things.
So what does this mean for the two way feature? Will i be able to hit sprint phones with my nextel two way?

Quick Reply: Nextel