The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Nextel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Nextel

oh i didnt think of that. im gunna call my friend (he uses sprint) about trying that

Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

ORIGINAL: pcupo12

civteg........i got rid of my nextel and got verizon too..............i had the i860 phone........the bill was about 80 a month.......now with verizon its about 40. MUCH BETTER SERVICE TOO!

my nextel contract is up next week!!!!! Verizon here I come, get that new Motorola E815 w/ VCAST ready for me!!!!

Old 08-25-2005, 03:08 PM

Verizon isnt available in my area or i would be with them... they have the callback tones which is badass... instead of ringing you get a song haha. Anyway im with Cingular and im pretty happy with them. Was with AT&T for 4 years has only got better since they merged so i can only imagine nextel will get better with their merge, The sprint network is actually pretty decent just not as much coverage as cingular and verizon.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Cat Fuсker

Screw Verizon:-D I hate 'em with a passion...... had ATT, now have T-mobile...I got over 1000 bonus minutes, cuz every time I call them and bitch about something they give me extra 50 minutes free...

Old 08-25-2005, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

nice. i never realized they changed it from 'please hold while the nextel subscriber...' to 'sprint' instead. i guess its cuz everyone i know who has nextel i just DC instead of call. and i am now getting a new phone. woohoo

Old 08-29-2005, 06:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: Omen68

Nextel is old school. Sprint will be converting them over to CDMA soon,
have faith in Sprint, they'll get everything squared away soon enough.
Trust me, I know these things.
So what does this mean for the two way feature? Will i be able to hit sprint phones with my nextel two way?
You sure will in time, once their network is compatable with Sprints You will be able to two-way to your hearts content.
Here is the latest from corporate news, mind you it is biased due to it being internal:
Sprint Nextel employees get pumped on new technologies

08/24/2005

Remember the TRANSFORMER toys – robots that converted themselves into vehicles like cars and planes? Sprint Nextel has its own version of the popular ’80s toy, the A800.

Says Josh Miner, a senior manager in Device Launch and Support, “the A800 phone looks and functions like a digital camera … then it slides open to reveal a keypad to make calls. It’s easy to use and very intuitive.”

It’s one of Miner’s favorite phones from Sprint Nextel’s “CDMA portfolio,” which features a variety of handsets offering the most robust and easy-to-use data services on the market. Miner has tested out its many high-tech functions, like the two-megapixel camera and video shooting capability. The phone also offers text messaging, Web browsing and exciting games.

Sprint Nextel employees like Miner are experiencing firsthand our mission to “create a digital life for our customers that is simple, instant, enriching and seamless.”

As a director in the Product Development Organization, no one knows more about this mission than Kim Galbraith.

“With our combined product portfolio, we will have a real competitive advantage, providing innovative solutions for our customers,” she says.

Galbraith is excited about our partnerships with a growing number of content providers. She’s pumped on our recently announced sponsorship deal with the NFL. One of Sprint Nextel’s biggest differentiators, she says, is the EV-DO Wireless High-Speed Data Service that will provide mobile Internet access to about 150 million people around the country.

“We can cross-market and cross-bundle these things [to our customers],” she says. “It’s taking it to the next level.”

Rita Mix points out the combined wireline and wireless technologies that are converging will allow us to compete on the international playing field like never before. The Dallas-based program manager for Manufacturing and Transportation also appeared on the Sprint Nextel Employee Broadcast Celebration on Aug. 15.

“Multinational companies who send data around the world need an international IP network,” Mix says, adding that Sprint has set the bar high for this technology.

“Nextel, being strictly a wireless company, will help us increase our focus on wireless to be a major player in that space,” she adds.

These complementary businesses, she says, will make an indelible impression on the industry – and give Cingular and Verizon a run for their money.

“If anyone is not doing business with Sprint Nextel today, they are going to lose out – because we are going to be No. 1."

Old 08-29-2005, 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

oh i didnt think of that. im gunna call my friend (he uses sprint) about trying that

Will my walkie-talkie service work between Sprint (Ready Link) and Nextel (Direct Connect)?
Nextel Direct Connect and Sprint Ready Link walkie-talkie services operate on two different network technologies, and customers using one type of service will not be able to push-to-talk with someone using the other service. We are exploring ways to include the best qualities of the two different technologies in one device (a dual-mode wireless phone) that, based on our current estimates of the availability of the technology, could be introduced in several years. Such a device could communicate by walkie-talkie with devices using either technology.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:07 AM

What the hell, here's all the FAQ's;

Will Sprint Nextel customers notice any changes in their service or plans as a result of the close of the merger?
The August 12 announcement that the merger is completed should not impact customer-facing business operations of Sprint and Nextel. There will be few changes in the first several weeks after the merger closes, but consumers will start to see more changes soon.
Changes to Sprint Nextel are not going to be immediate because, before the merger closed, the companies were required to adhere to legal restrictions against sharing information, and we now need an organizational period before having changes ready.
It is not necessary for customers to contact their carriers. Initially after the merger close, customers’ plans or contracts won’t change, they don’t have to take any steps to contact their carrier, and operations will be much the same as when the companies were separate.
Sprint Nextel will continue to provide the services enjoyed by millions of customers today on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Nextel National Network, including all the outstanding wireless data and consumer services Sprint customers expect as well as the industry-leading one-of-a-kind Nextel Direct Connect® walkie-talkie service. This combined company is about customer choice and flexibility.
Within a month, consumers will begin to see very visible promotion of the new company, product and service information, and will begin to learn all the benefits the Sprint Nextel merger will bring

Will my walkie-talkie service work between Sprint (Ready Link) and Nextel (Direct Connect)?
Nextel Direct Connect and Sprint Ready Link walkie-talkie services operate on two different network technologies, and customers using one type of service will not be able to push-to-talk with someone using the other service. We are exploring ways to include the best qualities of the two different technologies in one device (a dual-mode wireless phone) that, based on our current estimates of the availability of the technology, could be introduced in several years. Such a device could communicate by walkie-talkie with devices using either technology.

If I want to switch my service between Sprint and Nextel will I be charged a penalty or fee?
In the weeks immediately after the close of the merger, existing Sprint and Nextel switching and upgrade policies will not change -- customers will be charged early termination and activations fees as applicable. This will be required only during an organizational period before the combined company begins a highly visible promotional campaign. At that point, customers who would like to switch services between the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network (CDMA) and the Nextel National Network (IDEN) and will not be charged an early termination fee, activation fee or upgrade fee. A new contract will be required. Customers eligible for an upgrade discount will receive the discount when switching across networks. (Note: Due to certain legal requirements, the company will not be able to waive early termination or activation fees for customers who are switching to or from Sprint Affiliate or Nextel Partner coverage areas.

Will I be able to use my Mobile-to-Mobile minutes between Sprint and Nextel customers?
In the weeks immediately after the merger closes, Mobile-to-Mobile service will only apply to the Sprint network. When the new company begins its promotional campaign, Mobile to Mobile calls (previously Sprint PCS to PCS calling) between customers on either network are free. Customers who are interested in adding Mobile to Mobile service should call 1-800-SPRINT1 or go to Sprint.com. (Note: This will not be applicable for customers in Nextel Partners coverage areas.)

How long can Nextel customers continue to use their phones?
The new Sprint will continue to provide the services enjoyed by millions of customers today on the Nextel National Network as well as the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network This combined company is about customer choice and flexibility..
Nextel customers will continue to use the industry-leading one-of-a-kind Nextel Direct Connect® walkie-talkie service on the Nextel National Network.
Sprint and Nextel use different wireless technologies today – Sprint uses CDMA, while Nextel uses iDEN. No customers will be forced to migrate from one network to the other, and Sprint will continue to support and invest in both networks (the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Nextel National Network), with iDEN planned to be operational through at least 2010 and Nextel’s popular walkie-talkie services continuing to deliver.

How will the merger impact network service?
See question above, “How long can Nextel customers continue to use their phones?”

When will they convert to Nextel’s network?
See question above, “How long can Nextel customers continue to use their phones?”

Will rate plans change? If so, how?
Customers will not be required to change their service plans. Contract will be honored under their current terms and conditions. Sprint will continue to offer competitive voice and data plans for a variety of needs and budgets.

Will customers have to buy a new phone?
No. The handsets customers have today or new handsets they may purchase will continue to operate seamlessly on both networks for years to come. That means that the customers can upgrade or add phones to their accounts with confidence.
No customers will be forced to migrate from one network to the other, and Sprint will continue to support and invest in both networks (the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Nextel National Network), with iDEN planned to be operational through at least 2010 and Nextel’s popular walkie-talkie services continuing to deliver.

What will be the new phone number and e-mail address for customer care?
Customer Information and Contact Numbers are available at www.sprint.com. At this time, the care phone numbers and email address will not change. Customers can continue to contact Nextel customer care at 1-800-639-6111 and Sprint customer care at 1-888-211-4727.

Will the new stores sell both products? If so, when?
Changes to the new Sprint are not going to be immediate because, before the merger closed, the companies were required to adhere to legal restrictions against sharing information, and we now need an organizational period before having changes ready. At some point soon in a limited number of markets, some former Nextel stores may carry some Sprint PCS products and some former Sprint stores may carry some Nextel products. In addition, RadioShack expects to begin carrying Nextel products beginning in the fall of 2005.

How long will the stores remain open?
Sprint and Nextel retail stores and locations are being evaluated with an eye toward establishing the best possible customer experience, as well as having the greatest opportunity to reach more customers. It is too soon to discuss any specifics.

Will RadioShack stores carry Nextel products?
RadioShack expects to carry Nextel products beginning in the fall of 2005. This was made possible through an agreement reached during July 2005 between Sprint and RadioShack, making Sprint a long-term wireless provider for RadioShack in its stores nationwide. The new 11-year agreement builds upon an existing, almost 10-year agreement that Sprint and RadioShack have.

How long will the old company websites be up and functioning?
The sites will be merged in phases, starting today (when the merger is approved) and lasting well into 2006. The key goal is to provide easy-to-navigate and easy-to-

Old 08-29-2005, 07:37 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

eh I'm still switching to Verizon

Old 08-29-2005, 11:08 PM

tee hee

Quick Reply: Nextel