The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Nigerian scammers are fun to play with

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Default Nigerian scammers are fun to play with

Ok before I post this, I have to advise you that this is acctualy quite hilarious.

Anyways, I was looking on Yahoo Auto's for a 1996-2006 Civic within pricerange and around my area. I hit search, and low and behold the funniest thing Iv ever seen. A 2006 Honda Civic for $4k! If that doesn't scream "SCAM!" then I dunno what will. I was bored at the time and couldn't find a 96 civic for $4k, so I decided to email this guy and see how fake this really was.

I don't have the original email that I sent the scammer because it was sent through the Yahoo Auto's, but I have the rest. Anyways, here they are hope you laughed as much as I did.

He first replied:
Hello,

I'm glad to hear that you are interested to buy my Honda.The car is in perfect conditions without any scratches or other mechanical problems.The interior is in like new condition and has never been smoked in.The car is registered in United States and it has clear title.I live in London, UK so the car will be shipped from here.Because i wanna deal as soon as possible i'm ready to cover the shipping costs and insurance.I'm selling it at a low price because the money from this deal will be donate to
the victims of Hurricane Katrina.The financial part of the transaction will be handeled safepaysolutions and in this way we can be sure that we'll have a safe and smooth deal.
Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying, please reply with the following information:
-Your full name;
-Your shipping address;
The final price is $ 4000 included the shipping costs.
If you agree with my above terms, please reply me and I will be more than glad to provide you with further information how to purchase the Honda Civic asap and in this way you can join the effort to save lives and help people recover.

Warm regards!

Melissa
I replied:
I need to talk this over, but im sure it wont be a problem. Please let me know if you have a phone number, or something to contact you with, as I am not always on the computer.
He replied
Hi again,

I'm sure but I can't use a phone due to a handicap but I will be more than happy to help you to purchase my Honda. If you are still interested and you are a serious buyer, please reply me your full name and complete shipping address so I will be able to open a case with safepaysolutions and they will send you a notification with all details about this transaction.

Warm regards!

Melissa

Also heres anotherone that is for a Honda Civic 2004:
Hello there,
First of all I want to thank you for contact me and your interest in my car.My husband was recently promoted so we had to move in London, United Kingdom. We brought the car with us,but I can't drive it here because cars from here are with the steering wheel on right ,and this it have the steering wheel on left so for me this car is useless. So please try to understand my situation. I tried to sell it here, but registering it again costs a lot since it's the U.S. model.The car is bought from US and is made for US market.The price I want to obtain for it is $2,950.The car is like new, completely working,low miles, with 3 years EXTENDED, INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty, which will be honored at any dealer in your country. It is US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions. All the manuals and the original documentation are written in eight languages.The car will be delivered from London, United Kingdom and I will take care of all shipping and insurance charges. I've made some research and the best and fastest way I can ship with is using World Cargo Express insured and it takes between 3-5 days to arrive at your door.You won't have to pay for customs or any additional taxes when it will arrive in your country.I would like to use CorbisPay (www.corbispay.com) for this deal because it is a large purchase and I want a smooth transaction. Also you will have 5 days to see it, test it and inspect it, and if you will not keep it, they will refund you all your money.If you agree with these terms, please reply me and I will be more than glad to provide
you with further information how to purchase the car asap.Looking forward your email and your Final Decision about this car.Mail me asap if you are still very very interested in my car because now i have more buyers still interested in my car.Thank you!
Pictures: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lammla...bum?.dir=/7f54
Description: Miles: 37760, Doors: 4, Transmission: Automatic, Interior: Gray, Year: 2004, VIN Number: 2HGES26784H592802, Title: Clear, Exterior: Silver, Engine: 1.7L I4 SOHC 16V, 4-Speed Automatic Transmission, Premium Sound With CD Player, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Sunroof, Power Accessory Package (Locks, Windows, Mirrors), Keyless Entry, Anti-Lock Brakes, Security System, Alloy Wheel Package and much more!!!

Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Nigerian scammers are fun to play with

Oh yea, Ive normally found the car sams are in europe. And the nigerian scams are more about bank accounts. There are acutualy a couple of websites started up in celebration of screwing around with the scammers

Old 04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

Tell her you are looking for a right hand drive civic and see if she can "get" you one.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 PM

Someone told me that the best way to really drive them crazy is to like promise them and say you sent the money, ect. Also if they ARE infact nigerian say this:
For your evil intentions carried out, a curse has been brought upon you and your family!
I heard someone did that to one of them and the scammer went ballistic.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:33 AM

That is just funny..some people think that we are idiots over here in the U.S...bladerunner..thats some funny stuff you said about the curse..man they take that seriously hey if you need any advice I have a dictionary of superstitions..that should get their motor runnin hot!!!!

Old 04-14-2006, 02:42 AM

are you sure that isn't 4,000 in uk funds?

Old 04-14-2006, 03:12 AM

ORIGINAL: j_civic_ex

are you sure that isn't 4,000 in uk funds?
Nah, it was on a US site, even so 4,000GBP is equal to about 7,008USD.

ORIGINAL: d_reject

That is just funny..some people think that we are idiots over here in the U.S...bladerunner..thats some funny stuff you said about the curse..man they take that seriously hey if you need any advice I have a dictionary of superstitions..that should get their motor runnin hot!!!!
Sure pass those over. Id like to play with them a bit.

I also want to point out...that they said
I can't use a phone due to a handicap
God so STUPID! It's just hilarious how they try and scam people, but they endup looking REALLY stupid.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

Scamming is not cool. [:'(]

Old 04-14-2006, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

Yes!!! I found the site again. This site is nothing but people who are in the "419 sport". Yes, they have actually turned in into a hobby. It is ungodly hilarious!

http://www.419eater.com/

Old 04-14-2006, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

Umm she problly cant hear blade

Quick Reply: Nigerian scammers are fun to play with