The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

odd camaro story.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Administrator
Default odd camaro story.

so amanda and i were out in the slow car today, and were sitting on an 8 lane road, and as im stopped at a stop light, i see a camaro SS pulling out and into the lane next to me...younger guy in fatigues...t tops off...and as he pulls up, he revs the engine...my lane ended in about 200 yards, but i wasnt going to try to race what sounded like a modded 01/02 SS. the light turns green and after all o fhis reving, he just eases out. as i slow down to get behind him as my lane ends, he also slows down, so i speed up, he does as well. so i jump on it, still ni first gear, and he also jumps on it and of course easily pulls away from me, so i get over, and that was that...i wasnt going to try to keep up with what should be a 12 second car...but he slows down...im going the speed limit, and he lets me get next to him, and as he is still slowing down...i just stayed at 50 or so and just as i got past him, again he jumps on it again...and takes off...my as we get to the next intersection the light is red, and he is the first car in his lane, and i am 2 or 3 cars back....the light turns green and as my line moves, he does not move and as i am moving along with my line of traffic and i get next to him, he jumps on it, smoking the tires getting ahead of me, although i cant speed up because of the truck in front of me...and he slows down again and every time i get next to him, he jumps on it...over and over...until traffic finally got thick enough for him to find someone else to play with...

but at EVERY light,. he was basically redlining the engine..revving..and i have never heard exhaust that sounded as bad as this one did...and when he was sitting at idle, it was smoking like crazy...i saw extra gauges while he was riding next to me when i was in traffic, but judging by the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust, he wont be tooling around like that much longer...

i could see someone going to just great lengths to prove something if i were in my 12 second car..or a cobra or something....something that might have a chance...but after his first little display, he had to know that i didnt have a chance...

another thing that he was doing...as he was coming to the stop light ahead of us at a fairly high speed, he was downshifting into a very low gear, then letting the RPMs soar, and it sounded TERRIBLE.. the way a poorly tuned car backfires, mixed with the sound of a jake brake...honestly, it really sounded like he was jakebraking, and i guess that in a way he was...but when he was, it sounded terrible...then when he would shift, between gears it was smoking like crazy

i have never in all of my life seen such a ridiculous display of vehicular phallic supplement as was displayed by this guy...people like him almost make me ashamed to be a "v8 guy"

Old 07-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Default RE: odd camaro story.

It took me 30min to read that[&:][:@], I have never had the luck of having a V8

Old 07-17-2005, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

luck?[sm=smiley24.gif]

J/K Patrick.

Old 07-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Administrator

but its typical BS...when im in this no one pulls crap like that...

[IMG]local://upfiles/858/BFE368585E164A64931D31B70CBA7723.jpg[/IMG]

but when im driving someone elses car, or my slow car...then everyone is a tough guy...when i cruised in the car above, if someone revs on me, ill tun them, but im not gonna do nonsense like wait at a light and ride along side them revving the engine..

and the Camaro and Mustang guys wonder why "import drivers" talk trash...

Old 07-17-2005, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

what is your slow car BTW? the bimmer?

Old 07-18-2005, 02:26 AM

what is jake braking?

Old 07-18-2005, 03:28 AM

It was prob stolen so he didnt care.

Jake brake is what semis do when they use there tranny to slow domn by changing some kind of valving internally. It makes a real unique sound. lets see if we can duplicate here with letters..

vrrrrrrdadadadadadad

I dunno, nevermind

Old 07-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Administrator

sacicons...i was in my "import"...the bimmer is only one of my slow cars...

Old 07-18-2005, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

It was prob stolen so he didnt care.

Jake brake is what semis do when they use there tranny to slow domn by changing some kind of valving internally. It makes a real unique sound. lets see if we can duplicate here with letters..

vrrrrrrdadadadadadad

I dunno, nevermind
vrrrrrdadadadad? or is it vrrrrrdadadadadad? i need to know here. they sound very different. ha ha. actually i know what you're talking about now, so thanks. those new chevy's with the allson transmissions do that too i think. its weird cause when you let off the throttle on them they dont just coast like a normal car it sounds like it down shifts or something and the vehicle always seems to be pulling. its weird.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:11 PM

i had somthing close to this happen to me but it was a mustang. i have a 95 dx with sri, rims, clear corner lights with blue bulbs and ngk plugs and wires to say the least i ran a 17.8 my first time at the strip. this mustang had the primer black cowl hood drag radials barley idles at the light and the guy rev's and rev's then chirps his tires when he leaves the lights for about 6 blocks finnally i mute my subs and lean out the window and yell at him "are you mad cause i get better gas millage???" he said some unpleasant words and burned out when the light went green. just another ***** thinks hes hot cause hes got a bigger engine. ignore the import hatters cause its only pathetic to hate hondas it takes a bigger man to drive one.

Quick Reply: odd camaro story.