The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Oh work is gonna be...fffffffuuuuuunnn

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:00 PM
HCF Member
Default Oh work is gonna be...fffffffuuuuuunnn

Well as some of you know i technically work for apple. i do iPhone support at the moment, formerly iPod support though. Well as some of you may also have heard Apple released new iPod models today, but the worst for me is that they have discontinued the 4GB iPhone, and dropped the price from $499 to $299, and now the 8GB is dropped from $599 to $399... so now work is gonna be nothing but a bunch of pissed off customers wanting $200 back from the price drop... next few weeks should be interesting

Old 09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Oh work is gonna be...fffffffuuuuuunnn

hey tim i want my $200. back

oh wait i don't have an iphone

Old 09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

That sux.
Do you get any kind of deals on the new ipods?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 2slo4u

That sux.
Do you get any kind of deals on the new ipods?
Nothing different then what i got before. some sort of employee discount, but i don't even remember how much it is, or how to get on the site lol

Old 09-05-2007, 12:35 PM
HCF Member

Good luck man, i would hate to have to explain that one to angry customers.

This is why i just dont buy things the day they come out anymore, its just not worth "looking cool" becase that's what its really all about.

I shold know im a computer geek and have spent countless hundereds becasue i wanted ish the "fuirst day it came out".

Ipod Mini
PSP
geforce 7900gt
countless cell phones

all for nuthing as all itmes dropped over 20-30% within 2 months

Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM

Are they even offering a discount for these people? i'm guessing from your post they aren't. Are they even preparing for this kind of influx of calls, do they have a statement you need to make about it or anything? Sure it's gonna be annoying but seems like it would be a lot less annoying if they'd provide you with an answer to give these people. Would be kinda crappy if they just threw you to the wolves.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

we are prepard and everything but i am not gonan get into it fully cause there is certain information that i can and cannot disclose... so i am just leaving at that. cause as for what information i can disclose i am not 100% sure if i should or not so yeah... lol but we are prepard for it i will just say that.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:45 PM

Yeah I figured you couldn't give specifics, I know how that stuff goes. I was just hoping they wouldn't completely leave you high and dry. The new iPods look kinda eh anyway. Never been that big of a fan of them to begin with but this run is especially not all that exciting. The classic and nanos just look like they're made of cheap plastic (even tho is apparently pretty sturdy metal) and the touch is just an iPhone clone. Apparently they don't even run well with cover flow so eh... Think i'll pass on another generation of iPod's. I like what Meizu and Cowon are doing tho, those are some nice lookin players.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Super Cereal Admin

what I still don't understand is why people go out and buy ish the first day it comes out then get all p*ssed off in a month or two when the price drops... it's not like it doesn't happen with every piece of entertainment technology that comes out.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:57 PM

People wanna feel special I guess. Sometimes -sometimes- getting it when it first comes out is worth it (if you just cant wait a couple months for it to drop in price) but for the most part waiting is worthwhile. Especially if a lot of people wait... the less people there are buying something the faster it'll drop in price. For some people it's also worth it to be able to say they got it.

Also sometimes, especially when it comes to video game systems and phones, the first iterations of them are lacking security features that make them easier to mod or hack. It can really go either way, sometimes theres design flaws that NEED to be addressed and if you bought the first one those might not be fixed yet (xbox 360 anyone?) but then again sometimes later models can actually be worse (the next 80 gig and the new run of 60 gig PS3's will have software based PS2 emulation instead of the MUCH better hardware based emulation thats currently in the 20 and 60 gig ones).

I don't mind paying a premium if I really want something when it first comes out the thing I'm currently hating is how a lot of things keep coming out with rudimentary upgrades which I'm supposed to pay a full price or more to get. Like the new "slimmer" PSP's.. no note worthy upgrades just very slightly slimmer and a silver color... and you're expected to pay more? Right...

I made a lot of video game references there but it's not just there... most of the generations of iPods have been very rudimentary in terms of upgrades, cell phones are another area where it happens a lot. Video games are just especially bad in all these areas, really hyped expensive launches, quick price drops, really crappy upgrades and worthless fixes.

But I digress, in any case sometimes it's good to buy something when it first comes out, a lot of the times it's not.

Quick Reply: Oh work is gonna be...fffffffuuuuuunnn