The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

oil and gas a new high

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default oil and gas a new high

is everyone as pissed as i am oil went to $109.72 a barrel today and gas is at a all time high. our government says its opec, opec says its our government i'm tired of the finger pointing and bull$hit. i think what we should do is get together and march on the white house like the truckers did in the 70's alot of you all are to young to remember the oil embargo in the 70's where gas went up over night and you couldn't get gas. i don't blame bush for this its the analyst and speculators in wall street driving oil to new highs. like i said we should come together and do something about this i think maybe we should impose sanctions on Saudi Arabia when they get hungry and can't get food i'll bet oil will come down to $50.00 a barrel. sorry for the rant but i think its the time for acction before we have $5.00 a gallon gas like some places in Canada right now

http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt...as/money/cm/nw

Old 03-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Default RE: oil and gas a new high

i would be upset, but its gotten to the point where im just not really caring much about the prices. i'll still keep an eye out around town for the cheapest, but im not really complaining. i doubt it'll be coming down to anywhere near a fair price anytime soon so meh...still bs tho.

im down for a march tho, that'd be fun. ill bring the molotov cocktails

Old 03-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Cat Fuсker

You know that I'd be down for a cruise through DC any day...the organizational part is what's gonna suck.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Roto

You know that I'd be down for a cruise through DC any day...the organizational part is what's gonna suck.
we'll all meet at my house the night before, get totally sh*t faced and all drive to DC. its only 40mins away, if u drive fast when drunk, maybe 25mins...it'll either turn into the best damn march ever or we may not make it due to the largest civic pile-up on I95. either way we can say we did something cool

Old 03-11-2008, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

man i've had my car for three yrs. i used to pay 25 dollars for a full tank nows its about 36 dollars. this is crazy.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Cat Fuсker

I'm all for meeting at AJ's and getting hammered....it'd be a shame that the biggest civic pile-up would not be caused by a civic BTW $5 says I can make it there in 15 minutes if you get me REALLY hammered... so, who else is down for this?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Cat Fuсker

I can provide magnetics for everyone who attends that'll say "I attended the 2008 gas-price protest! Where were you?"

Old 03-11-2008, 11:50 PM
HCF Member

The price of gas is not going up fellas, it's the dollar falling. Since our money is now worth less, we have to pay more for anything purchased from overseas. Why do you think europeans are buying up property in Florida and whyAmericans can no longer afford to take a vacation in Europe? Saudi Arabia (et al) is still charging the same amount of money in their currency, it is ours that's messed up. Let's hope the next administration can do something about our dollar. Yes, it does cost WAY too much for gas.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Cat Fuсker

eh....regardless, we're looking at it from the financial impact on us standpoint. Therefore prices are going up and we're going to get hammered at AJ's and than raid DC.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:08 AM
HCF Member

ahh just quite your whining , this is a quote from someone on another forum of mine when people in the states were complaining about gas, hes in Holland

Euh, not true, don't know how you came up with that?

I use 98 octane pump gas, so that € 1.519 per liter... (so one euro and fifty-two cents).

1 US gallon is 3.7854 liters.

So in order to calculate the price of one US gallon of gas, you multiply € 1.519 by 3.7854, wich makes € 5.7500226

At this exact moment, according to www.xe.com's 'universal currency converter', € 1,- equals $ 1.547.

What you do now, is multiply € 5.75 by 1.547, making $ 8.895.

Conclusion; one US gallon of 98 octane pump gas will do $ 8.90 at the pump.

EDIT:
But I'm talking about the Total pump here in town, national retail prices should go for;

€ 1.539 per liter of 95 octane (wich is regular in Holland), making a staggering $ 9.01 per gallon,

€ 1.609 per liter of 98 octane, making an even more retarded price of $ 9,42 per gallon.

Of wich two thirds goes to the government in the form of taxes and other b/s, the other third is all else; price of the gas, pump owners costs and profit.
So if you really think it's a problem do something and stop complaining, complaining from the side line never got anyone anything

Quick Reply: oil and gas a new high