The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Project Make My Junker Faster

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
HCF Member
Default Project Make My Junker Faster

Alright. As most of you know of my plans for my si, im going to give the rest of you a full story. I just got in the mail my P2R TB Spacer & 2 gaskets for the TB, I plan on getting that in and my oil changed and put some Amsoil MTF in my car, since my car has been known to have bad 3rd syncros. Beginning of 08 in January, I should have about 5-$6,000 saved, which means I can spend about $3,000+ out of savings. Now, ive been up for awhile trying to think what combination I want to spend my savings with. First off, If I can convice my dad to let me do the TSI turbo while my car is still under warranty, im %100 going with that, because Id just love to have a turbo in that car. Second, if I cant and its out of the question, im going with the Buddyclub style CF Hood by Seibon - http://www.showstoppersusa.com/produ...roducts_id=787. At first, I hated the looks of it but saw a picture of it on my black car and then fell inlove with it. Also debating weather or not I want to get the CF trunk or not. Thats going to set me back in money bigtime, for what, a 20lb difference or something? We'll see. Im then going to get Ingalls ETD, magnaflow cat-back, lower it (havnt decided company or brand/springs or coilovers yet, heard from brother Tein is good stuff. Can get coilovers from his roomate for about $800, works with the company or somethin or other.) If I lower my car, at the same time im going to get my Buddyclub rims in hyper gold. 17's or 18's. I assume 17s would be lighter but 18s might look better, I havnt decided yet. Also, im going to get a TWM short throw shifter and the 10th anniv. Skunk2 shift **** to hopefully reduce some weight. Im also going to get a DC Sports header, id like to get the BCRH but that crap is just expensive, $800 for a header is pretty rediculous. Then im going to drive to Baltimore to JE Import Performance and get a Hondata ECU reflash. V-tec would then kick in at 4500 rpms. Since im going to be there, they have a dyno and I might get it dynoed to see what the numbers are looking like, but my dad is saying how its going to bug me because im going to be saying "ah my car should be running 5 more hp!" so we'll see about that. Id like to because then I can take some pics of the dyno chart and show everyone what all this stuff added has gained for future reference and modifications. Below is 2 dyno charts from the Hondata reflash on a 06 civic si with DC sports header, injen CAI, and hondata heatshield gasket. Below those 2 charts is the CF hood I would like to be getting. Let me know what everyone thinks about my future upcoming plans

[IMG]local://upfiles/23148/8443FA89A2B04BF4A3B544ABCD44E0AE.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23148/F10E5F6EC20D4CF6981AC282167A2DF5.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT: MY FAULT, this is under off-topic. If its not supposed to be here,will Admin be kindly enough to move it where it should be it will be greatly appreciated. My appologies.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Default RE: Project Make My Junker Faster

anyone else think that 2nd picture looks seriously photoshopped?

nothing seems to line up right, and the rear wheel looks totally out of whack...

Old 10-10-2007, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

Dont care what they did with the photo. Only showing you what the hood will look like, and yea I agree the wheel does look alittle weird. Unless it is photoshopped or the guy did his own custom suspension and it looks totally fruity

Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: cderalow

nothing seems to line up right, and the rear wheel looks totally out of whack...

its not...i know because i took the pic im pretty sure that cars on stock suspension, just he got the rear wheel up because he parked the back on a very steep hill.

KoshaK where in MD are u?

Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

its not...i know because i took the pic im pretty sure that cars on stock suspension, just he got the rear wheel up because he parked the back on a very steep hill.

KoshaK where in MD are u?
Frederick

Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 PM

cant put my mouse in it but it looks really funny to me too. whats up with that??