The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Project starting in March give me your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 07:27 PM
HCF Member
Default Project starting in March give me your opinions

I am painting my 94 cx hatch either flat black with clear coat or a low gloss black.
15 or 16 inch rota slips
Turbo Kit.
FMU
Gauge pod.
Oil gauge.
Boost gauge.
Air and fuel gauge.
Greddy turbo timer
Greddy boost controller
Fuel pump
check valves
A good Tune.
If everything goes as planned I am going to start sometime toward the end of march first of april and finish it in about 4 days. I try to do everything at once. I hate haveing to keep going back and doing things and adding things. So I am just going to wait until I get everything together at the same time and get the Shop and paint booth take about 5 days off from work and get to work on project civic.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Default RE: Project starting in March give me your opinions

I'd go flat black with no clear coat (it ruins the fact that its flat to begin with), but I'm insane. I think the low gloss would be more striking, and ur less likely to see anyone else with the same skin.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:33 PM

sounds good. still think you should go high gloss on the paint.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

Just like every other high gloss black civic in the world. I want this car to differant.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM

Damn, quite a project ahead. Good luck.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
HCF Member

Build the motor with forged rods and low comp pistons. Have it sleeved. I know its gonna be expensive and labor intensive, but when the boost guage goes to 20, you will be happy, even if it takes you longer to save up to do it.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:43 PM

I'm tellin ya FLAT BLACK no clearcoat!!!! Sport Compact Car did a project STi in October 2004 in flat black....sick....with a capital ICK. I loved it, and damn talk about 1 off. DO it-DO it!!![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Mad Maxx--need I say more.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

We are going to do this project first. My friend that has built all my cars and is also a honda tech is going to be doing all the major stuff. His dad owns a big body shop and we are doing the work there. We went over the plans and he said since I like you and love doing these jobs for you the labor is going to be $250. The paint job sanded primered and painted $250. We are going to do this turbo setup first and its going to cost alittle bit and go back later after the new wears off and do the inside of the motor. My wife has been cool so far and I don't want to hear any bitching about spending tons of money on this car so fast. If you read some of my past post you will see I am moving along at a pretty good rate. I got the car in the middle of Dec and have already done a mini me swap, tuned p28 ecu,full exaust,header,cai,side skirts,rear bumper, wheels,5% window tint, changed the tail lights back to stock, black headlights,touch screen dvd player, 12 inch sub, 600 watt amp, custom box built in the floor to look stock, and a Si int swap.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:31 PM

Dayumn, you are moving along arent you? How was the Si interior swap? Easy?

Old 01-24-2006, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

IT act was a breeze. I thought it would be a pain but everything went smooth.

Quick Reply: Project starting in March give me your opinions