The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Rear ended

Old 11-02-2005, 08:24 PM
HCF Member
Default Rear ended

I got rear ended today at school by some chic.[:'(] lol and my bumper is messed up, so the girl has to get me a new one.. i was just wonderin how much that will cost? Just wondering because i want her to pay me straight up so her insurance rate doesnt go up. but if its to expensive i should probaly go through the insurance company huh? thanks [&o]

Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Rear ended

sorry to hear that! [:@]

ORIGINAL: 05 civic
i want her to pay me straight up so her insurance rate doesnt go up. but if its to expensive i should probaly go through the insurance company huh?
it's kinda up to her I guess (or her parents, haha) whether she wants to go the insurance route or not. Get a couple of estimates and show them to her.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

--being a "chick in school" she might not have a lot of $$--unless dad is paying 4 it

Old 11-02-2005, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

I got hit by a "chick at school" once, ended up going through insurance because it was nearly $1000 to get a new panel plus paint and labor.

Best thing to do is take it to a few body shops. Make sure that they will replace the bumper, not patch it back up, and will paint appropriately. Also, if your estimate has "MITCHELL INTERNATIONAL" at the bottom, smile. My mom writes a portion of the estimation and management software for MS

Old 11-03-2005, 08:15 AM
HCF Member

go to the honda dealership and get a quote from there...i think they will probably be the most expensive, then show the girl, get her to pay them money..then go to another repare shop thats cheaper and does GOOD work..this way you make a little profit from it all

Old 11-03-2005, 08:36 AM

GO THROUGH INSURANCE!! if you DON'T, you're basically asking her to avoid paying for the repairs.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

I see lol.... so many ideas. I think i got some heat for saying "Chic at school" How about female does that make you feel better? The dealership said 204 for the bumper and i dont know how much paint and labor would be... This is kind of a pain to do, plus my car looks really dumb right now lol[8D]

Old 11-03-2005, 11:07 AM

yeah she doesnt have to do ****. call the insurance company. be safe dude. screw her, she hit you.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:22 PM

you live in longmont, right? i would call up honaccurate in boulder and see if they can give you an estimate. they specialize in hondas and acuras (hence their name). if you need directions finding it, lemme know. i used to work at a dealership right next to it and would stare at the cars they had waiting to be worked on.

i would make sure to get her insurance info from her anyway, even if you don't go that route. just in case she decides to flake out and not pay out of pocket. CYA!!!

Old 11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

Id still go thru insurance incase because she could juke you pretty good if she wanted to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear ended