The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Retireing the civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

hahaha trust your crazy

Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

honestly tho, no will buy your car for 2.8k. Those cut springs arent safe, and that will probably make them not buy the car when they come to look at it. Hopefully you will tell them about it. You can find stock/non riced hondas for that price.

Anyways i dont think your mature enought for a turbo charged car, but thats just my opinion. The car tho would be sweet to have.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
honestly tho, no will buy your car for 2.8k. Those cut springs arent safe, and that will probably make them not buy the car when they come to look at it. Hopefully you will tell them about it. You can find stock/non riced hondas for that price.

Anyways i dont think your mature enought for a turbo charged car, but thats just my opinion. The car tho would be sweet to have.
+1

Agreed. I don't think he's responsible enough to be driving it. Especially since he use to post how he use to beat up this car because he was pissed off. Imagine a more powerful car. If you do cut your springs again you will kill yourself and endanger everyone else with that car.

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 02-19-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Cat Fuсker

Just though you know, there are legal implications for knowingly selling an unsafe vehicle without disclosure. If the person who bought it from you gets in an accident and finds out hte car had cut springs guess what, even if it was their fault you will be paying for it!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 AM
HCF Member

Buy yourself some used, stock springs. You'll feel better about selling it, the buyer will feel better about buying it, and it will probably sell a lot faster.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Snail'n Admin

<--haz a set of 97 stock springs

Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
anytime, rosanne
ha ha

i have a friend in town with a supercharged talon its quick as hell and with a paint job would be sexy as hell too good look with the car save it for tha track

Old 02-27-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
found your car, i was curious to see the listing.
http://mankato.craigslist.org/cto/1035994741.html
Great find Trust.

Please update your posting stating that the car is lowered on cut OEM springs (and OEM struts if that's what's on the car.. I didn't want to assume anything).

If you have a CEL on, either fix it, or get someone to run an OBDII scanner to see what the problem is. Do not say that the car "runs and drives perfect", simply b/c a CEL is on (allegedly). You say that it keeps coming on every month? Are you actually fixing the problem causing the CEL? Or are you simply resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery?

BTW, I KBB'd your car. I even threw a CD player/power steering in there as equipment (features) , just is case your car has them, although it is not posted on your CL ad.
Excellent - $3,095;Good - $2,745;Fair - $2,320. I would assume your car is in Fair condition due to the "few dents in the car", the "rust spot on the passenger side rear quarter panel", possible CEL, and cut OEM springs.

This is all my $0.02 (and I am only trying to help throughout this whole post), but I am feeling two things about this.
1) The person who buys this, w/o checking the suspension is an idiot.
2) Any person (who knows everything that is wrong with it) who offers more than $2000 is an idiot.

My suggestions are to: paint all interior pieces back to black, and return the car back to stock height with OEM springs, and then Re-do the posting w/ 100% honesty. You should then have no problems finding someone to offer you $2000. Hope this helps 96civicDX.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned

well my parents said i have to fix the front bumper again becuase i messed it up the other day, re raise the car, and put the stock muffler back on. then re post it on craigslist

Old 02-27-2009, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

lol that sux dude just trade it!!! ha this car i got rides like **** i didnt notice in the test drive but the lowering springs he used suck he got me yes he did ha