The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

saddam's execution

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Default RE: saddam's execution

ORIGINAL: phoenix_gtr

ORIGINAL: BurryTheSpeedo

give each sect its own territory, and let them govern it as they please, and then maybe have some kind of representative group from each territory work out treaties and such...that is the only way it will work....
Saddam is bad and all but he is removed because humanity crime and terrorism? Yeah that's the reason you see on TV but mostly because he no longer followed orders from Washington. HE was the one that was given power and territory by America. This has been done several times before whether as a coup set up by CIA ( vietnam) or an invasion, the leader that doenst do what the US says will be replaced by someone else. I cant say that is working from what I've seen
Similar thing happened in Iran in the 70s as well. BTW, it's pretty funny how people critique Saddam about using nerve gas, but everybody forgets that those weapons were provided by USA and Israel. Everything was fine and dandy until 1988. Invading Kuwait was a grave mistake for Saddam.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Stinky Administrator

wanna make a bet when we finaly pull our troops out that iran will step in and take over

Old 01-03-2007, 01:21 PM
HCF Member

Don't want to bet against you on this

Old 01-03-2007, 03:05 PM

ok i am not saying what or how another country should govern itself, but we ****ed the situation up even more than it already was, and so my idea was merely a way to patch the chaos until they can resovle it themselves...which will prob never happen....
and no my idea just doesnt sound good, it is based on the demographics and basic political views of the area....there are two deffinate sects in iraq, the shias and sunnis, and both wantcontrol of the country and wont stop this **** until it happens, so why not help them out by setting some kind of sectoral boundries so they can then work the rest out....
we should in no way form their goverment, they should do that themselves along with working their treaties and such out...

Old 01-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Stinky Administrator

here's a way to look at it there are three major factions in iraq, you would be able to satisfy one or two of them but never all three, its like i said your damned if you do and damned if you don't

Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 PM

^^exactly....so no matter what we do or try, it will not work...

Old 01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

O.J'S INNOCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
lolsomebody had to do it

Old 01-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Stinky Administrator

i will say this we should thank all of our troops for fighting this war and pray for their safe return

Old 01-03-2007, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

this isn't really going anywhere but to more arguing over different things so why don't we[sm=lockeddance.gif]

Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

ORIGINAL: BurryTheSpeedo

i by no means am naive because i dont agree with your statements or may have cold views....i am somewhat of a young war historian and have debated war matters with people far more intelligent than i and you will ever be....
but none-the-less, this second war in the middle east has not been anywhere near as succesfull as we had hoped..why? well its because we are not fighting a unified military anymore, we are fighting guerillas, and it is soon to become a second veitnam if we dont reasemble our forces and in one unified thrust try and rout the enemy we will have more than a measly 3k dead....
this invasion was never going to be a second persian gulf, or a six day war....this was something far different, for sadam now had serious religious backings in the culture, and they wanted the power that he had....
staying over there now is futile, NOT because of military deaths but because we are no longer doing anything that matters....iraq or any other country not living off of western beliefs will crumble with a democracy....as soon as we leave they will be overcome with rebelion and civil war and some dictator will take over again, so what we need to do is this...
give each sect its own territory, and let them govern it as they please, and then maybe have some kind of representative group from each territory work out treaties and such...that is the only way it will work....
Marty, here is the illustration to why America is hated overseas...

Kid, who gave you the right to decide for other peoples how and where should they live? If someone came to your land and started doing this to you, you will rebel probably, and rightfully so. Iraqis are people, too...
Well you know middle eastern people get mad if we think all of them are terrorist, black people get mad when you assume they are gang members, and ladies get mad when people assume they cant do a certian thing. How is the rest of the world going to say we are racist ******** based on a few of Americans way of thinking then get mad at us becausethey do the same thing as us. I by no means agree with a few countries ways but in the end I dont give a **** about them as long as they leave us alone. To bad our president dont think like that huh?

*Edit*

It is like Saddam, I could care less if he is alive or dead but mark my words we ****ed up by removing him. He ruled with a iron fist, never took it outside his borders(except in 1990 which got stopped quick and easy) but it takes a leader like that there. No set up "government" will do it, most of the people in Iraq need to know that if they **** up they will get gas'd. Sorry but that is my point of view. We are fighting a war we can not and will notwin and the Bush adminastration knows this but there is no way for them to back out of it gracefully. And Americans may have been all for going into Iraq but liesare what it took to make us that way.

Quick Reply: saddam's execution