The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Scion TC

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Scion TC

see thats what i was thinking is i get the toyota relabilty
Is there any question as to Honda's reliability? I say be purist and stick with the Si. If you do go for the Tc though, definitely get the S/C model. A friend of mine regretted the decision not to get it a month after he bought the thing.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

I doubt that i get the s/c model. i don't want anything thats fast, i doubt i put any mods on it at all. i just want something that gets me back and forth from school and work, nothing to flashy. after i get out of school, thats when i plan on getting something with a little get up and go.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

I like Tcs a lot, but why do you want to jump into another car payment? why not put the 300 bucks a month into the civic? or a savings account.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

it's got a lot of miles on the car, CV joint boots are busted, i ran over a curb and front bumper is messed up. i kinda want a newer car as well.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM
HCF Member

well with right around 300$ you can fix those few things. You got a nice car, and lucky for you there are aftermarket parts all over the place to update the civic and give it a newer feel to it.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

save your money.

scion redesigned the Xa and Xb this year and will probably release a new Tc next year. And from the looks of spy shots, it will look utterly rediculous with its bloated C pillars and bloated flanks.

if you want to spend $16,000 - $20,000 for a new car get a new civic, mazda3 or even an impreza.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BrianT

it's got a lot of miles on the car, CV joint boots are busted, i ran over a curb and front bumper is messed up. i kinda want a newer car as well.
usually, only the outter boots rip, i just replaced mine about a week ago, it cost me a total of under 12 bucks for the kit to replace it. and if your bumper is screwed up, then just get an sir version of the bumper with the black trim. you can do what you want, but that would suck to start all over on another car payment as well as higher insurance.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 PM

or worst case if you don't want the hassle of replacing jsut the cv boots, do the axles in their entirety (about $70 a side for parts)

and as for having driven poop....

it handled well for poop

Old 05-04-2007, 07:32 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

save your money.

scion redesigned the Xa and Xb this year and will probably release a new Tc next year. And from the looks of spy shots, it will look utterly rediculous with its bloated C pillars and bloated flanks.

if you want to spend $16,000 - $20,000 for a new car get a new civic, mazda3 or even an impreza.
The impreza's are nice as a good DD car especially with the AWD and it gets decent MPG. Sure, it is not the quickest thing but that is not what you are looking for. Subaru usually has good and cheap leasespecials almost all the time to get people in their cars (usally about 42 mos and $169 a month with a little or no down depending on the special). Something like that would be good since you are talking about going to school and you have the option to get rid of it after you are done. I liked them alot when I test drove them and almost got one, but the insurance on it would have killed me since it would cost more to insure the car a month than the actually payments would have been. Just take a look at your options and go out and drive some cars, i randomly show up at dealerships and test drive cars all the time just to see what a certain car is like as it gets you a good feel for almost any car.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

the insurance on my turbocharged WRX was less than the insurance on my 06 Civic Ex. It just depends on where you live and some other factors.

btw, my WRX was the most trouble free car i've ever owned, and I've owned 8 different hondas or acuras at one point. but the maintenance costs on a WRX are a muddabeetch.

Quick Reply: Scion TC