The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Selling

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 02:31 AM
HCF Member
Default New Person On Here; 2015 Honda Civic EXL w/ Navi

Hey, I am Peter, and I own a '15 Civic EXL with Navigation that has a white exterior. I bought it in late December of 2014, but I am happy with it. A lot of times I have issues with the volume switch (that's something to say about the new Hondalink, the volume, I want a ****ing ****). Overall, I like my Civic, and I might consider selling it sometime soon. Pictures will be on my profile: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...vigation-3839/

Attached Thumbnails Selling-image.jpeg  

Last edited by 15CivicGuy; 01-11-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:20 PM
HCF Member
Default Selling

I have made the official decision to sell my 2015 Honda Civic EXL sedan after hard thinking. I do like the car, it's a good commuter, it gets good fuel economy, it has a good amount of features, but it is slow as crap thanks to the damn CVT that Honda is putting on ALL of the four cylinder cars, and the six cylinder engines get a standard automatic (six and nine speed). It takes me over seven seconds to get to 60, I was a former owner of an Si, and that took about six seconds compared to the Civic I own now that does 60 in about 8-10 seconds. If you're asking me about another Civic, not happening, I am more interested in Nissan/Infiniti, more Infiniti, the Focus ST, the four door GTI, BRZ, a Mustang GT or Ecoboost and other fun to drive cars. I am looking at the Golf R a little, as well as the S3, M3, CLA45, ATSV, 428i GT, RC200t F Sport, IS350 F Sport and a Regal GS. I would go for the CLA45 for the speed, it has 375 horsepower, which is why I might go for it. I heard about the Q50's new engines, a 3.0L twin turbo six with 400 horsepower, and the 2.0T. I have wanted a Q50 since it came out, even though my obsession over Hondas kinda stopped me from doing it, otherwise I would be the only one on this forum who owns a Q50. I have been in love with Hondas since my dad bought an '04 S2000, which he had for eight years. My passion for Honda has been big, my first car was a '98 Accord, I had an '08 Civic Si (not the MUGEN), and now the vehicle I have. I will be checking the Kelley Bluebook values pretty soon, the vehicle only has 16,649 miles on it, so it might be a good trade in deal. What are your thoughts?

Old 01-11-2016, 03:21 PM

go for it, these cars were made for economy, not speed. Why not keep the civic you have now and pick up something you can work on like an older Civic (since that is in your wheelhouse) and turbocharge it? That could be more fun down the road and not cause you to lose anything if you are so early in the payments on this car.

just fyi, i don't have much working knowledge of car payments, so take it for what it's worth. I used to own Hondas, not I have an 03 Maxima with 39k (auto). even though it is faster than any Honda I have owned, I want out of that car because of the gas mileage and it is a bore to drive. I go back and forth on it because it is reliable and the lack of miles on the car... ugh decisions decisions.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 01-11-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
go for it, these cars were made for economy, not speed. Why not keep the civic you have now and pick up something you can work on like an older Civic (since that is in your wheelhouse) and turbocharge it? That could be more fun down the road and not cause you to lose anything if you are so early in the payments on this car.

just fyi, i don't have much working knowledge of car payments, so take it for what it's worth. I used to own Hondas, not I have an 03 Maxima with 39k (auto). even though it is faster than any Honda I have owned, I want out of that car because of the gas mileage and it is a bore to drive. I go back and forth on it because it is reliable and the lack of miles on the car... ugh decisions decisions.
I was considering turbocharging it, but I didn't know where to get one and when I would have the time to do it. My dad has a twin turbo kit for his '15 Q50 (his is the Premium, not the Q50S or the hybrid), but he decided to wait until his car was a year old to put it in. I like the idea of turbocharging the Civic though, great idea, I know I am early in car payments, I will notify the dealer once I buy my next car (most likely to be a Q50S) that I bought a new car. I plan to sell the Civic privately. I am not selling it right away, I will be cleaning it before I put the signs up that it's for sale.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:50 PM
HCF Member
Default Test Drives

So, as some of you know, I am selling my Civic, and I know there are some former Civic owners that don't own Honda products anymore. I will be detailing the interior, and visiting Ford dealers and a Subaru dealer. I am considering a Focus ST and a Mustang, also a BRZ. I am considering mostly premium branded sports sedans as well, such as the Q50S and the Audi S3, unless I become too obsessed into the Q50 I end up buying one. Just as an update.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Update: I know what vehicle I am getting, I did some research today. I did what was most practical for me, and I chose it. I will not be putting an order in until tomorrow.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:42 PM
HCF Member
Default 2015 Honda Civic: Ownership Experience

I had bought my current car, a '15 Civic EXL sedan, on November 26, 2014, and liked it a lot. Before that, I had an '08 Civic Si coupe. The Civic I currently own and which is sitting in a thrift store parking lot with FOR SALE signs on it, was versatile, it could seat 5, and I got very close to 40 MPG. I liked it a lot, until my Honda obsession started to fade when I did an acceleration run in the current Civic, did 0-60 in eight to ten seconds. I know it's primarily for economy, but I was disappointed in myself and the people who sold me the car. It was a versatile, fuel efficient car, but I am selling it for a more fun to drive car, and I will be putting an order in for the replacement for the Civic on Saturday. I hope it will come to the dealership by the end of January, I am super excited. Only one hint, it has full LED headlights

Old 01-12-2016, 11:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi Peter and welcome on board! Pictures of your car are always good when a new person joins us. This site is a tremendous resource due to the members, hope you stick around and find it useful.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:53 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by carid
Hi Peter and welcome on board! Pictures of your car are always good when a new person joins us. This site is a tremendous resource due to the members, hope you stick around and find it useful.
I have pics of the Civic on my profile. Don't worry, I will get it down.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:59 AM
HCF Member
Default New Order

I will be ordering my next car tonight, super excited!!!

Quick Reply: Selling