The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Shipping USPS via 'Package Services'

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 AM
HCF Member
Default Shipping USPS via 'Package Services'

Anyone experience with item shipped via USPS using 'Package Services' ...??

I order an item and it was shipped on the 2/6.. got to sort facility and departed on 2/7 (Warrendale, PA) and said expected delivery 2/13. Well, haven't seen any update on the usps site and no package yet..

Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM

Moved thread to the lounge. Non-honda section is for non-honda automobile discussion. No big deal, just cleaning up

Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
HCF Member

USPS sucks at updating package info. I order stuff from south of the boarder pretty often...

It doesn't usually update with anything until it is delivered. Heck, I've gotten a package in my hands, and THEN they updated the tracking. Just be patient. Postal workers are notorious for being incompetent.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by zerojett
USPS sucks at updating package info. I order stuff from south of the boarder pretty often...

It doesn't usually update with anything until it is delivered. Heck, I've gotten a package in my hands, and THEN they updated the tracking. Just be patient. Postal workers are notorious for being incompetent.
International shipping is obviously less reliable, but for the record, my father owns an Internet retail business and ships thousands of packages per month via USPS. A very small percentage of those packages are lost and USPS is very good to us.

About the tracking... Most of the time USPS tracking numbers are not tracking numbers, they are delivery confirmation numbers, created for the sole purpose of proving delivery. This way merchants can protect themselves from lying customers, among many other useful purposes. Many times the delivery confirmation shows updated tracking info... This is simply because a USPS worker decided to scan the confirm label somewhere along the way, which is not required. The only required scan is the delivery scan.

USPS also has tracking, which is more expensive than delivery confirmation. It will be more accurate and always scanned/updated.

Since you are international, the likelihood of the Canadian (or any other country's) postal workers scanning the delivery confirm label along the way is probably much lower.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-25-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

Just to update, never got the package and got my $$ back from paypal. USPS site still showing:

Your item departed our WARRENDALE, PA 15095 sort facility on February 7, 2013. No further information is available for this item.