The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Skunk2 can suck me....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 AM
HCF Member
Default Skunk2 can suck me....

So yeah, I have a Skunk2 lower rear tie bar for my car. Thing was it didn't have any hardware because the person that bought the bar lost it...no worries I got the bar for free. I get on the Skunk2 online helpdesk and they say they can sell me replacement hardware for $26.60...I'm thinking sweet that's cheap enough. When I place the order (mind you they are in Cali and me in Oregon) they tell me it will be ~$30 with shipping...ok. That was on the 12th. UPS just finally came a knocking the 17th (seems like too long to me, I've shipped to and from that area before) and on top of that I checked my account and the bastards charged me $40.69 WTF? Then I call the dude that I ordered it from (cause he gave me his direct extention) and he wont answer or return calls from the message I left. Needless to say I am irritated as hell. I already thought $30 was kinda steep for 2 bolts, 2 washers and 2 spacers...but $40 [&:]

Anyway...thanks...I just fealt like ranting. /sigh

Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Skunk2 can suck me....

Damn, that does suck. I have always heard good things about them so thanks for the heads up. Let us know what happens with this.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rice_eater

So yeah, I have a Skunk2 lower rear tie bar for my car. Thing was it didn't have any hardware because the person that bought the bar lost it...no worries I got the bar for free. I get on the Skunk2 online helpdesk and they say they can sell me replacement hardware for $26.60...I'm thinking sweet that's cheap enough. When I place the order (mind you they are in Cali and me in Oregon) they tell me it will be ~$30 with shipping...ok. That was on the 12th. UPS just finally came a knocking the 17th (seems like too long to me, I've shipped to and from that area before) and on top of that I checked my account and the bastards charged me $40.69 WTF? Then I call the dude that I ordered it from (cause he gave me his direct extention) and he wont answer or return calls from the message I left. Needless to say I am irritated as hell. I already thought $30 was kinda steep for 2 bolts, 2 washers and 2 spacers...but $40 [&:]

Anyway...thanks...I just fealt like ranting. /sigh
Well if $40.69 was credited to your credit card then thats better than what they were saying...if it was $26.60 and 30 for shipping it should of come out at $56.60. You obviously got laid off a bit. But if thats not the case, then you should of just gone to AutoZone and got the washers bolts and spacers for less than $15

Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

I have allways hated S2 and thought their stuff was junk and the company itself has allways proved to suck to me atleast.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
HCF Member

nah, I said they charged me $40....and the assumed total of 30 shipped was steep...but either way. I know I could have rigged it up myself...but my thought was that it is my suspension ("rigged" isn't necessarily a good answer) and since they offer hardware and machined spacers I should just use em. If I had known it was gonna be such a hassleI would have fashioned something myself. [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

So anyway...I got a response already to this mornings new help desk on their site. Even got the same guy .He apologized and claimed it shipped the same date as the order. However I wont be able to verify that until I go down to ups and pick up my package because even in this response I didn't get the tracking number. Supposedly I am getting partial credit back,I guess it could be claimed on their part as shipping and the extra is handling...but obviously if they are willing to give a refund they know it's wrong. Here's today's reply...

Thank you for contacting the Helpdesk at Skunk2 Racing.

First of all let me apologize for not providing your tracking number in a timely fashion.

Your order was placed on 10/12 and was shipped on 10/12 as you can see from your tracking number. The amount of time UPS took to deliver your package is out of our control.

With regard to your frustration with shipping costs, our shipping estimate was just that, an estimate. You can run an inquiry through ups.com yourself to see that before fees, shipping for those parts costs $8.86.

I will credit your card $5.23, the difference between the amount you were charged, and the base cost from UPS.

If you have any more questions regarding Skunk2 products or policy please let us know. Thanks.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

I have allways hated S2 and thought their stuff was junk and the company itself has allways proved to suck to me atleast.
I've never had any of their products...but assumed from the get go that they sucked because the first place I ever found them (back in the day) was ebay. I wouldnt have this tie bar if it wasnt given to me. I personally wont ever buy anything from them again.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 AM
mxs
HCF Member

The tracking number should be on the box, no?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

The tracking number should be on the box, no?
Yeah, it should be...but because of the timing between my wife taking the kids to school and them showing up I have to go pick up the package. So I wont know the tracking number until this afternoon...at which time I will verify when they actually shipped. Not that it matters at this point...but if the dude was lying it will just give me further reason not to go back to them.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rice_eater

ORIGINAL: Marty

I've never had any of their products...but assumed from the get go that they sucked because the first place I ever found them (back in the day) was ebay. I wouldnt have this tie bar if it wasnt given to me. I personally wont ever buy anything from them again.
From what I have seen/been through it has been hit and miss with them as far as stuff like fitment, customer service, products coming with everything needed, etc, etc. I have had countless fitment problems with their tie bars, intake manifolds, and misc suspension componets but on the other hand I have used the same products on say a different car for a different person and they worked fine. Like I put a S2 manifold on Paul's car(EJ1Rider on the forum) and had no fitment issues but I put one on a GSR for my buddy and it was like trying to fit a square block into a circle hole.

Quick Reply: Skunk2 can suck me....