The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

somebody slap this foo...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:22 PM
HCF Member
Default somebody slap this foo...

Apple sued by iPod user over hearing loss

A disgruntled iPod owner has filed a lawsuit against Apple, claiming the device causes hearing loss and that the company does not properly warn users of this danger. iPods are “inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss,” according to the complaint, which was filed yesterday on behalf of John Kiel Patterson in U.S. District Court in San Jose, California.

The suit, which seeks class action status, demands compensation for unspecified plaintiffs’ damages and upgrades to make iPods safer to use. According to the complaint, iPods can produce sounds of more than 115 decibels, which can damage the hearing of a person exposed for more than 28 seconds per day. Apple ships a warning with each iPod that states “permanent hearing loss may occur if earphones or headphones are used at high volume.”

Old 02-01-2006, 10:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: somebody slap this foo...

Hmm... That reminds me of the lady that sued mcdonalds for her coffee being hot. Its a sad world.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:29 PM

there are so many dumb cases, people are such asses. it sure is a sad world

Old 02-01-2006, 10:34 PM

haha, i should sure Kicker for having unsafe subs. i can't hear out of my right ear half the time now. people are idiots

Old 02-01-2006, 11:18 PM

Thats pretty sad. That would be like if I was at the club, or a concert or something and sued because the loud music. But even worse, he controls the volume. And I dont think I ever turned my iPod up that loud, unless it was on my iTrip, since my stock Honda speakers werent all too loud...

It seems like ppl will try and sue for anything these days... And that sucks that he's from my area in Cali, cause that kinda gives us a bad name..

Old 02-02-2006, 12:22 AM

And that sucks that he's from my area in Cali, cause that kinda gives us a bad name..
hate to seem mean, but most of those crazy cases come from cali. i know alot of chill people that live there, but there has to be something in the water that drives alot of the people there crazy. if you don't know what i mean by crazy people, go visit venice beach haha

Old 02-02-2006, 12:25 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 05 civic

Hmm... That reminds me of the lady that sued mcdonalds for her coffee being hot. Its a sad world.
thats EXACTLY what i was thinking about... its pretty pathetic if you ask me. You're right, someone should slap him.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mossy

And that sucks that he's from my area in Cali, cause that kinda gives us a bad name..
hate to seem mean, but most of those crazy cases come from cali. i know alot of chill people that live there, but there has to be something in the water that drives alot of the people there crazy. if you don't know what i mean by crazy people, go visit venice beach haha
yeah, dumb cali weirdos hehehehe[&:]

Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

It just amazes me the dog **** that judges allow to come into their court rooms? Are they running out of cases so they have to entertain them? That hot coffee thing was BS. I hate McDonalds to death like the next man but if you want a cold coffe you need to march your fruit loopy *** to the starbucks. There is only 1 on every block so it mught be a dangerous and long journey

Old 02-02-2006, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

I cut my finger last night while peeling potatoes. I think I'll sue the manufacturer for making their knives too sharp. Sad sad sad...

Quick Reply: somebody slap this foo...