The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Someone tried to rip my licence plate off!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member
Default Someone tried to rip my licence plate off!

So I came out of work tonight and saw my rear plate bent up at like a 45 degree angle I'm thinking WTF? I looked closer and it's obvious some ****ing ******* tried to rip it right off my car, it's partially snapped so I need to buy a replacement now...I park in the back of the lot too, so that was probably the invitation for someone to be a **** and mess with other people's property. Things like this really agravate me, why can't people just respect other people's things and not ****ing mess with it? On top of that, they broke my AEM licence plate frame (perhaps they were looking to steal that instead?). It's nighttime, so I couldn't really check anything else they possibly tampered with (possibly tried to pop locks, slide down windows...)

Also, how much force is needed to actually rip the trunk lid open? I'm wondering if they pulled hard enough that they might have weakened the trunk's latching mechanism...any insight on this?

Old 10-24-2007, 08:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Someone tried to rip my licence plate off!

damn man that sucks...

I dont think somebody can tug hard enough to hurt your trunk, unless its already loose

trip to DMV

Old 10-25-2007, 04:14 PM
HCF Member

Ok, I'm just paranoid about these things, lol. I guess it really pays to torque those license platebolts on there lol, no ******** can takeyourplates ! Anyways, I guess I can use this as an excuse to get personalized plates!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

Getting alittle annoying how people hate hondas so much and im still trying to figure out why. On my other forum (8thcivic.com) someone from some kids school ripped their red H symbols clean off the back. Relatively annoying.

P.S - For some reason I speak more intelligent with liqour in my system

Old 10-25-2007, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

Getting alittle annoying how people hate hondas so much and im still trying to figure out why. On my other forum (8thcivic.com) someone from some kids school ripped their red H symbols clean off the back. Relatively annoying.

P.S - For some reason I speak more intelligent with liqour in my system
I don't understand the people who hate hondas just because they are hondas either, one of the kids at my school got a new civic for his birthday present and the third day he had it somebody keyed his car and painted ricer on the back window with that paint people use to decorate cars with. 3 days and somebody was probably jealous and decided to ruin it.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

only way ive seen to break into trunk by poping them is either poping the lock with a simple screw driver on most cars OR a bumper jack... very simple just put the hook under the opening and just keep cranking but that mostly damages the bumper REALY BAD.LOL youd notice it!