The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Speed traps suck

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Default Speed traps suck

So i was driving to portland this morning, going 65 on the bridge. The speed limit is 55. Anyway, i'm driving in the middle lane with a car on the left. As i pass it, i see a cop pointing his rader toward me, i hit the brakes at this time he was 75-100 ft in front of me. I pass him going about 60 mph maybe a little more. I was like o' ****, because maybe he saw me before i saw him. I look in my rearview mirror, and see him say somthing in his transmitter or whatever. I slow down to 55 because i was scared as ****. I keep on going and see another cop that already stopped somone. I kept going and still nothing, so i think i got lucky. But then i was thinking maybe he somehow got a glimpse of my license plate number. What do you guys think? Did i get lucky or will i get a ticket in the mail or be on their hit list or something? I have no idea.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Speed traps suck

ORIGINAL: DXhatch
But then i was thinking maybe he somehow got a glimpse of my license plate number. What do you guys think?
I dunno... sometimes I find it hard to read 4" tall letters that happen to be moving at around 60mph, but that might just be me . I don't think you're in any real danger.

For the record, it's stuff like this thatkeeps me from making my car stand out that much... the more a car sticks out, the easier it is to find once the driver's done something stupid

Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022
the more a car sticks out, the easier it is to find once the driver's done something stupid
lol...i have a yellow car....

i know how your feeling....when you think youve done somthing wrong and your going to get cought...but you just dont know and it annoys you until you finally forget about it a week later...

or not...
lol

i think you should be alright...the cop could have easily gone after you and cought up to you so i dont see why it wouldnt.....

Old 07-16-2007, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

i've had like three cops turn around after they pass me in the past couple of days. since i drive "properly", i just laugh at them. someday they might get me for exhibition of speed, but not speeding.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:19 PM

You'll be fine.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:20 PM

What exactly is exhibition of speed? Is it like spinning your tires or quick lane changes or something?

Old 07-16-2007, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

65 in a 55 isn't bad at all. I almost always go 10MPH over on my bike, but then again, I'm a relativly small target.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kokasian

What exactly is exhibition of speed? Is it like spinning your tires or quick lane changes or something?
i do it a lot, lol. it's like speeding without speeding. it might be considered careless driving or wreckless (at worst). yeah, it's like spinning tires (i never spin the tires though), or gunning it without actually going over the speed limit. they just consider fast acceleration as exhibition of speed.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:33 PM

ok, its all good then as my car lacks the ability to accelerate fast

Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

i do it a lot, lol. it's like speeding without speeding. it might be considered careless driving or wreckless (at worst). yeah, it's like spinning tires (i never spin the tires though), or gunning it without actually going over the speed limit. they just consider fast acceleration as exhibition of speed.
Sounds like an exibition of speed ticket is very vague and should be fairly easy to fight in court since its all based on what the cop thinks.

Quick Reply: Speed traps suck