The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Speed traps suck

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Speed traps suck

^ yes indeed, but it can easily be changed to careless driving, that's why it sucks

Old 07-19-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

lol i got nailed for 66 in a 40 back when i had my crx a few months ago. convo whent like this

Cop: tap tap tap please roll down your window
ME: my window doesen roll down as i open the door
ME: i know i was speeding no excuse for it
Cop: 66 in a 40
ME: o wasnt paying attention just trying to get home have to wake up at6
Cop: well let me see what i can do for you

turns out i know someone else who got caught in the same trap but he was going 64 same night, i guess he got at lease 12 people

Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 PM

u should be alright. if he wanted to nail u, he would have, no question about it...he coulda just been talking over the radio about something different or maybe letting the other cop ahead to keep an eye out.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

I got tagged yesterday (w00t for warnings) and the officer kept having to respond to his radio while dealing with me. You're fine.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 PM

i remember family vacations to texas (family out there) and on a major highway a guy parked a semi trailer and put "Speed Trap Ahead" cause he got busted for speeding . the trailer is on his property and the story in that town is that it has been there for 5 years, he repaints it every year, and every town meeting the sherif tries to raise a petition to take it down, hasnt passed yet.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: jeff948594

i remember family vacations to texas (family out there) and on a major highway a guy parked a semi trailer and put "Speed Trap Ahead" cause he got busted for speeding . the trailer is on his property and the story in that town is that it has been there for 5 years, he repaints it every year, and every town meeting the sherif tries to raise a petition to take it down, hasnt passed yet.
way to get back at the cops... hahah

Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
HCF Member

that's hilarious

Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: kokasian

What exactly is exhibition of speed? Is it like spinning your tires or quick lane changes or something?
i do it a lot, lol. it's like speeding without speeding. it might be considered careless driving or wreckless (at worst). yeah, it's like spinning tires (i never spin the tires though), or gunning it without actually going over the speed limit. they just consider fast acceleration as exhibition of speed.
Most of the times cops won't give you a reckless driving ticket charge unless you're doing 20+ over the limit.

Exhibition of speed is usually something along the lines of; you're at a light, it turns green. You tag 6000 rpm and 'chirp your tires' or 'burnout' upon your taking off from the light.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 AM

You're fine. If he wanted to cite you, he would've come after you.

I got nailed once doing 86 in a 65. I was so irritated, but when he saw my government ID we chit chatted about it then he just gave me a ticket for failure to obey traffic control device, which doesn't even carry points

Old 07-20-2007, 06:22 AM

^ thts why u guys need one of those Radars. THEY saved my as* a bunch of time. really i was doin 100 one time and tht s*it went off and i just slowed down and drove right pass the state trooper.

Quick Reply: Speed traps suck