The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Streetbike

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 AM
HCF Member
Default Streetbike

So i've been waitin almost a year to get a streetbike and i keep putting it off so i don't know what i should do.. I don't know weather i should hook up my car or get a streetbike.. I just hook up my car and wait a little longer for a streetbike...

Old 05-06-2007, 11:12 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Streetbike

Bikes are like 100x more fun than cars. You can get a nice 600CC sport bike (like a CBRF4i) for like $4000. But if you do not have experiance riding bikes on the street, then I would not recommend getting a 600CC sport bike b/c they are very powerful and dangerous, esp for beginners.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 AM
HCF Member

^+1. If you havent ever drove a bike before and are not 110% comfortable i would learn on something a lot smaller and while youre doing that....hook up the civ.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

Yea i'm pretty experience i've been riding quads and dirtbikes all my life my brother had a gsx-r 1000 and i use to ride it around so i'm gonna stuck on what i wanna do ... if i do get a bike i'd either get a gsx-r 600 or 750

Old 05-06-2007, 11:33 PM
HCF Member

I've heard on other forums that riding dirt bikes and quads is not the same as riding on the street. Also, unless you've rode your brother's bike all the time, you might not have sufficient experiance to handle street riding. Not trying to insult you or anything. Riding motorcycles is VERY dangerous. I've read about half a dozen threads about people dying or bieng severly injured due to motorcycle accidents since the beginning of the 07 season. My buddy has a GSX-R600 Alstare edition. Its pretty damn quick but I found that the riding position was very uncomfortable. If you are going to get a bike and don't need it right away, I would wait until the end of the season to get one. Right now people are going to want more for thier bikes b/c its the beginning of the season. You can score some good deals at the end of the season when people are getting rid of thier bikes. There are lots of people who only ride bikes for a season or two and then sell them so by the end of the season you should be able to get a good deal. I personally like Hondas and I want to get a CBR600F4i at the end of the season. All of the 600CC bikes are basically the same. They are a seconds (if not fractions of a second) within each other so just get the one that you like the best.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

personally, A 2006 Kawi Ninja zx-6r is the most comfortable out of all of the bikes that I have sat on, and with 636cc, you can't go wrong (with experience). The '06 R6 is the most uncomfortable... Just be careful out there. You might be a good rider, but there are ignorant people out there

Old 05-07-2007, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

There are alot of stupid people out there who don't know how to drive. They are who you have to watch out for.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
HCF Member

id be scared to get a bike and ive rode dirt bikes quite a bit, i say hook up the Civ, although streetbikes are pretty sweet.....[&:]still Civ ftw!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

if you've never ridden a sportbike on the street, then getting a high performance 600 r bike may not be the safest option.

i used to have a CBR600 and would never recommend a novice get a high performance sportbike to learn on. it's just too much power. and 750s are just plain ludacris.

250 - 500 ccs would be a better bike to learn on.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
HCF Member

ok you guys overexaggerate way to much... and you guys all tend to same thing no offense im a small guy but i have experience not a lot but enough to know what im doing and enough to be cautious and worry about everyone on the road and not just what i do its like you have to learn to have a 2nd pair of eyes on the back off your head i know the risks but i kinda like what Agent said and wait till the end of the season sounds good