The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Stubby!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
HCF Member
Default Stubby!

I am STUCK right now on what I want to buy and am looking for opinions! Looking to order a set of stubby ratchet wrenches and can't choose on what to do. I am stuck between buying stubby FLEX or flat ones, it can go each way for usefullness, and price.

Here's my options!

A. GearWrench stubby flex (I get a student discount, cost me $88.97)
Wrenches & Sets, Pro Swing Wrenches & Sets, Standard | Matco Tools Online Tool Catalog
Magnetic wrench rack (standard stubby rack won't hold them)
$40... stupid expensive
E-Z Red Company WR1500 15 Piece Magnetic Wrench Holder | eBay

Option A total: $130

B. Matco pro swing stubby ($121.46 with my discount)
Wrenches & Sets, Pro Swing Wrenches & Sets, Sets | Matco Tools Online Tool Catalog
Matco stubby wrench rack ($6.61)
Wrench Rack, Accessories – Matco Tools

Option B total: $128

C. GearWrench flat stubby ($95, I can't get a discount on these since Matco has their version)
10 pc Metric Stubby Combo Ratchet GearWrench KD 9520 | eBay
Matco stubby rack ($6.61)

Option C total: $101

So my main reasoning between all:

Option A: If you are already in a tight spot, I think the flex would be that much more useful, but also adds bulk and a $40 rack haha

Option B: Good quality (since it is Matco), truck comes every week, and I am a total name brand *****. But I also think the flatness would make it less useful since it'll put it flush with the piece.

Option C: Same as B except that most of the trucks (Snap On, Matco, Mac) that come by us probably don't have them on their truck and I'd have to go to Sears, and they aren't fancy Matco's!

Give me your opinions and reasoning! Maybe I'll just buy flex and not flex ha!