The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Student Loans

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default Student Loans

Screw. Sallie. Mae.

Before I even started paying back my loans they sold a loan to the DoE. No problems with that up until now, though it was inconvenient to have one loan due the 15th of the month and another the 18th (though it was nice if I didn't have the full amount for both loans by the 15th). Well, not this month. On the 16th, I sent payment for the DoE loan (the one due the 18th), using the "Pay Today" option, which is effective in 2-4 days (which is also bullsh*t. Why use the word "today" when they really mean "three to five days from today"?). Monday the 18th comes up and passes, payment not received. Tuesday comes and I have a delinquency notice on my SM account as well as a delinquency notice in my e-mail. Not a huge deal as it's supposed to take 2-4 business days, right? Same thing today. If they haven't charged my bank account tomorrow, I'm seriously going to be pissed. Let's just say Friday I'll be on the phone with them and bitching at them for their incompetence.

I now hate Sallie Mae with a passion. Not only am I in debt up to my eyeballs for even going to college, but Sallie Mae apparently doesn't mind bending people over after inconveniencing them with their ridiculous payment options.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

That's how they work!! Don't ya love it

Old 10-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Oh yeah. And I'm willing to be tomorrow will come and go and they still won't have "received" my payment.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I, too, hate Sallie Mae...

There is nothing more annoying than making a payment on the 14th, and receiving an email on the 16th that says "Your Statement is Ready to View!"

GFY! How bout you give me a week or two so that I can forget your annoying bitch *** even exists?

Old 10-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, I've never had a problem with Sallie Mae up until now.

Actually, today they decided to charge my bank account twice for my DoE loan, overdrafting my bank account just in time to not have money for the electric bill. F*ck. Sallie. Mae. Oh, and the best part? They're still saying I'm delinquent on that loan. They effectively made my money literally disappear, as I'm missing two full student loan payments' worth of money and Sallie Mae doesn't seem to think it needs to be reflected on my account.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

student loans to become a mechanic, or something else?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Student loans from Wyotech, yes.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

ive seen the ads for that place,

just wonderin.., cause when i went through my apprenticeship, the government paid me for the in-school parts.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Must be nice lol... the biggest thing I regret about Wyotech is the money. It doesn't seem like that much money until you're actually paying it back.

At any rate, the payments are finally reflected on my SM account and I'm now a month ahead on that loan, so I guess there's good in all this.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

ok so now are you an automotive technician?, or do you still have to go through an apprenticeship?

Quick Reply: Student Loans