The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

stupid iPod...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default stupid iPod...

So this past Christmas, I got a new ipod nano (8 gig) to replace my tired, dying 4-gig mini. Everything's gone well with it.. until today. I just hooked up my iPod to update the songs on it, and what do I get? A "USB device not recognized" error message and a frozen iPod! stupid thing... I've never had any problems with it before (other than the iPod occasionally freezing)...

The error message keeps popping up on the usb port icon thing by the clock... and I do mean popping up.. it shows up, then goes away for a second, then it comes up again.

And yes, I do have the most recent version of iTunes.

Anybody have any ideas?

Old 01-30-2008, 04:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: stupid iPod...

hold the menu and center select till the apple logo appears to reset the ipod. see if that helps

if not hold those buttons till the screen goes blank and then switch to the center select and the play button till it says ok to disconnect. to force it into disk mode see if that allows it to show, then restore the ipod.

May want to try a different USB port,

as well as Uninstalling itunes, and the ipod update software, then reinstalling.

and questions ask or pm me I do iPhone support and use to do iPod support. so let me know if those help or not

Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya. when it freezes up press the UP and center buttons and hold them till the screen goes blank and shows the APPLE, which usualy stays the apple for about 10seconds or so....

sucks ive been having this problem for awhile BUT its easy to just hold the 2 buttons for alittle while and its fine again for ruffly a month or two... mines just over a year old. ive thought about taking it back to best buy and seeing if i can exchange it for a new one or not.... i did buy a 2year replacement plan for it just over a year ago.....

but o well it still works good.........
i think im going to buy a ipod touch with some of my tax check. just another toy.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

if you buy an ipod touch i will stab you.... well... if you call in and i get you i will stab you

Old 01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

ipod= fail period. End of story. I hate them for the fact that there are many other mp3 players that do the exact same thing for cheaper. Well at least in my experiences, I wasnt impressed with the ipods....so i sold mine to james (my04civic)

Old 01-30-2008, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

ipod= fail period. End of story. I hate them for the fact that there are many other mp3 players that do the exact same thing for cheaper. Well at least in my experiences, I wasnt impressed with the ipods....so i sold mine to james (my04civic)

how many other mp3 players can you buy an adapte for, that allows you to control it directly from the headunit of your car? it's like one 2000 song cd

Old 01-30-2008, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

there's a reason they're the highest selling multimedia devices in the history of electronics

Old 01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

how many other mp3 players can you buy an adapte for, that allows you to control it directly from the headunit of your car? it's like one 2000 song cd
Many head units are available with mp3 uplinks, not just for the ipod. Some new cars also come with mp3 uplinks as an extra option. I agree with GReddy. I hate ipods. They're overpriced... and they're made by apple... I'd much rather have a *non apple* mp3 player.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if you buy an ipod touch i will stab you.... well... if you call in and i get you i will stab you
how so????????? do they have a bunch of problems or something?
main reason id want one for is to mess around on the WIFI internet......

Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Masonn

Many head units are available with mp3 uplinks, not just for the ipod. Some new cars also come with mp3 uplinks as an extra option. I agree with GReddy. I hate ipods. They're overpriced... and they're made by apple... I'd much rather have a *non apple* mp3 player.
yes i know there are uplinks, but how many of those mp3 players can you control from the headunit of the car?

Quick Reply: stupid iPod...