The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

stupid, stupid people.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Default stupid, stupid people.

ok guys, check this.

this guy i know just bought this truck... i think its a chevy s10. well he starts bragging and bragging. and you know i was happy for him.

but then he said.

"and it will beat your little 4 banger go cart."

so i asked him if he looked under his hood. he said yes. so then i told him his was a "4 banger" as well. needless to say i was laughing by the time he started knocking my car, and even harder when i shut him up, seeing him walk out side and poping the hood in anger.

damn people are stupid.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: stupid, stupid people.

it could be a V6. They make em.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

s10 trucks are pretty cool little truck..but i dont no why he would keep braging about it, its nothing special..soon hes gunna want to race you

Old 10-31-2005, 09:08 AM

oh yeah about that... he thought putting his bed latch down would make him win.... nope.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

s10 trucks are pretty cool little truck..but i dont no why he would keep braging about it, its nothing special..soon hes gunna want to race you

I gotta go against you on this one. S10's are a royal peice of ****. I was in the market for a little 4x4 brick hauler once and came across that zr2 (I think). It was pretty much off-road ready. First off, I hopped in the truck and felt like I was being crushed, it was soooo small! Also once I started driving it and the shifter instantly pissed me off, it was so close that I would constantly drop it in 4th instead of 2nd. The pedals were really close too. When i would go to hit the brakes, i would end up hitting the clutch. It was also really difficult to deal with. Another thing was that it was WEAK. I could push the damn truck faster than it would get off the line. Also the suspension was badly tuned for off road use, it swayed and rolled like a cadillac. It was also squirrley at the same time, something that you dont really want on dirt roads. Im fairly experienced with off roading (long before i got into cars) and this was no truck to be doing this. The dealer wanted 23k for it brand new, I gave em the finger.

Come to think of it, he made a big *** of himself. The truck was in the back of the lot and he said he had to get it out from where it was. I told him I could handle it but he refused. The idiot kept stalling and revving the engine loud and hard. Then I saw smoke come from the tires and I was like " this idiot has the parking brakes on!"

Old 10-31-2005, 09:27 AM

ha ha ha . damn what a guy. the engine sounds like its having a baby or something...

Old 10-31-2005, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

Oh yea, for some reason the sales guy kept pushing how great the stereo was and that it detected song text and all of that. Everybody knows here that im the wrong guy to talk to when it comes to " Oh so throbbing factory systems". After a little while later with him still talking about the $40 dollar radio, I said "Look, I really dont give a flying f**k about the radio, if I were to get this truck, this radio would take a trip off the bridge." I told him that because I was fed up with him and his boss trying to push that chitty truck on me so hard.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:39 AM

the guy must off been desperate. those things feel smaller than hyundai accents.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

the v6 ones aint too hot either. i used to run right next to my buddy in his standard cab, styleside 4.3l S10, and he had a TON of little stuff done, and i had my dx with an intake, short shifter, and an ex tranny. his was an auto, and would chirp his 295 Nitto NT 555s into 2nd. his best run ever was a lone 15.9. i havent ever seen one running around with more bolt-ons, and without FI, im not scared. hell, now im not too scared of one with FI either.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:43 PM

I didn't think the S10's came with a 4 cylinder engine, but they do. Here's a quote from a truck review:

"Most S-10 trucks offer a choice of a Vortec 2200 four-cylinder engine or a Vortec 4300 V6 engine. The Vortec 2200 four-cylinder engine provides 120 hp at 5000 rpm and 140 lb.-ft. of torque at 3600 rpm"

That's it, 120HP?

Quick Reply: stupid, stupid people.