The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

techno music in car movies!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:38 PM
HCF Member
Default techno music in car movies!!

hey does anyone know some of the groups that make techno music like the ones in car movies, like mischief and stuff? i really like it i just dont know aho makes them lol

Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: techno music in car movies!!

Prodigy, ATB, Scooter, Zombie Nation, Darude, Crystal Method just to name a few.....

of those, my favorites are prolly Scooter and Prodigy, download them ASAP

Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 PM

have you even seen the short film The Last Race at the end of the movie there is a song called Elements of Life by Alice Deejay. Pretty badass song download it

Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM

I don't know why ATB and Darude get used so much in absolutely everything.. thier music is terrible.

Kraftwerk, Orbital, Underworld, Alan Oldham, Frankie Bones, LFO are really good techno groups.

Although you may be refering to "techno" as the broad spectrum of all electronic music, when really techno is just a subgenre.

ATB and Darude are trance, Crystal Method is one of the pioneers of a style called big beat.

Sorry to get all music nerd on you but I used to be really into electronic music back in the day.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

its all good see i dont know anything about it i just know its good driving music lol

Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: crayzieman

I don't know why ATB and Darude get used so much in absolutely everything.. thier music is terrible.

What makes you say that? You must not be a fan of trance then, or you're judging them by some ****ty songs.

I'm actually thinking about making a nice mix of driving tunes. I'll post it up as soon as I make it. I normally mix electro house though.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

^^ thatskool and if you could, could you send it to my email?? its jarlett123@yahoo.com

Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM

I love trance actually, just find Darude and ATB to be quite boring. ATB isn't as bad as Darude tho.

Ian Van Dahl, Cosmic Gate, Tiesto, Dave Seaman, Laurent Garnier, Paul Van Dyk, Robert Miles, Infected Mushroom, etc..

There just lots of trance I prefer more than the likes of ATB and Darude.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: crayzieman

I love trance actually, just find Darude and ATB to be quite boring. ATB isn't as bad as Darude tho.

Ian Van Dahl, Cosmic Gate, Tiesto, Dave Seaman, Laurent Garnier, Paul Van Dyk, Robert Miles, Infected Mushroom, etc..

There just lots of trance I prefer more than the likes of ATB and Darude.
Out of all the big names, I personally prefer Armin Van Buuren, Kenneth Thomas, Sasha and John Digweed. I also give darude a lot of credit, because his sound is very unique and distinguishable. I'm a big fan of his "Rush" album. He's also a pretty good guy, I met him once.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:55 AM

I didn't really get enough into the scene to really know anything but the more big named ones. I know a few you've probably never heard of, but I could never really find the time to skim through all the crappy wanna be DJ's and people who thought just cause they had a pc and some samples they could be a producer to find anything good. So I really just stuck with the bigger named groups cause typically it was easier to find something good that way (they don't get popular for no reason).

You're right, I haven't listened to a lot of stuff from Darude, but I've heard a few of his more popular songs like Sandstorm, Feel The Beat and Out of Control and just didn't like them. Granted nowadays I realize singles usually are far from the best songs on an album, I might have to go back and give him another try perhaps.

Quick Reply: techno music in car movies!!