The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

thinking bout buying a 05 toyota corolla

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Default thinking bout buying a 05 toyota corolla

well im now thinking about maybe buying a 05 corrolla ce what do ya think of these cars i know toyotas are dam reliable cars and trucks and i think the new corrolla looks sweet just wondering if you think i should buy a corrolla or a honda civic ? im really leaning toward the corrolla . thanks in advance

Old 04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Default RE: thinking bout buying a 05 toyota corolla

A civic look sportier, and honda's reliability is on par with toyota imo. I don't like the new corollas myself, but I think they are better for modding if that's what you intend to do. Toyotas have much better swap options than honda. Being a corolla owner myself, I must say that you can't go wrong either way

Old 04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
HCF Member

(<--- eye twitching and head jerkiong) wa....wa.....was....wassa..... cor....corolla...

Old 04-27-2005, 04:14 PM

Your on a 'Honda civic' forum and your askin what car to buy, Civic or Corolla - hehe i think you might get a biased opinion??

good luck in making your decision though

Old 04-27-2005, 04:15 PM

Hi Cool Chris...

Only you can make that decision for yourself...no one should be able to sway your mind.

You buy what you like and you buy the one your gonna live with for a few years..
Whenever I buy a car, I go out and rent the ones I'm looking at , and only then can I make that command decision as to which one I'm gona live with, did that with my wife too, have had her going on 30 years this year..so drive a few of them...[sm=wootwoot.gif]

WheelBroker

Old 04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

Man I knew I went wrong....She was the only one on the showroom floor at the time....Looked nice...Handled well...cost alot though.
Going on 15 years (not married yet) waiting on PhD (2 years). Oh yeah hers not mine.

I wish they had still been renting when I got started looking[&o].....jk

Oh yea Go with what you know. Only G you E can T make A the H wrong O decision N my D friend A.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:40 PM

Being that I've driven both the newer Civics(owner) and Corollas(work at a dealership), I can safely say that I didn't even enjoy sitting in a Corolla. The clutch pedal was in a weird position, and my size 14 feet had a bit of a problem pushing it in. Make your own decision, but test drive both before buying...........and end up with a Civic....plz.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

Haha, of course my opinion is biased... but I love my Corolla. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Im not too into the 7th gen Civics and from the pics I've seen I wont be into the 8th gen's either. PM me if you want some more info on it or some pics of my ride. I dont want to bore everyone with my Corolla talk

Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

meh. as long as its a japanese import, im down to talk about it. but i drive an 01 Corolla and my 95 civic w/a gsr swap daily, and i would choose a civic. Corollas are great cars, but i dont like the seating positions and things like that. they just dont feel as supportive or sporty as a civic. definately drive both. and as for the swap options, what are you gonna swap in? the 2ZZ motor doesnt take to mods well, and the 1ZZ needs a lot of work to make power. though a factory installed, and factory warrantied supercharger helps on that path

Old 04-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Cat Fuсker

I dislike corollas. I had a rental one and it felt as though I was gonna roll it on each and every turn.

Quick Reply: thinking bout buying a 05 toyota corolla