The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Too apply.. or not to apply...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:11 PM
HCF Member
Default Too apply.. or not to apply...

Well as some may know i work at acallcenter doing stuff for Apple iPhone, and am in that comfort zone right now, but a position at my local Honda dealership opened up in the parts department, i had applied for it about a year ago, and didn't get it, and am debating onapplying for it again... what do you guys think?

Apple or Honda ?lol

Old 09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Default RE: Too apply.. or not to apply...

The way the automotive industry is always effing workers in the A, I think you would be better off at Apple, but then again how sweet would it be to work at our Mecca? I guess it wouldnt hurt to apply, you can always turn it down and you can just stay at apple if you dont get the job

Old 09-27-2007, 01:22 PM

for the love of the honda god, stay at apple lol. the parts deparment ppl at my work just look miserable..

Old 09-27-2007, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

i would apply now while you got the chance, you can always turn the job down later if they offer it to you

Old 09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

Keep in mind guys that i am on the phones doing tech support right now... so you can't get much more miserable then that lol

Old 09-27-2007, 04:37 PM

well if thats the case, shoot for the application. any idea on pay difference?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

no idea at all on the pay difference, i make 10.15 right now, and will be getting another raise soon, cause i have been at my current location for a year this tuesday, i dunno, i have the option of moving up in my company right now once the position opens, so i may just stay where i am...

Old 09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Keep in mind guys that i am on the phones doing tech support right now... so you can't get much more miserable then that lol
bail out ! go to honda -it will open up a whole new world for you , not to mention the discount you get on parts, even if it doesnt work out you can always go back to teh support

Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

apply and if they interview you tell them what you would need to make the move as far as a better job.....pay, hours, benefits, ability to move up, ability to go to school for training etc, etc and if they will do it go.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AOL.COM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

bail out ! go to honda -it will open up a whole new world for you , not to mention the discount you get on parts, even if it doesnt work out you can always go back to teh support
I already get teh discount, cause my dad works there too lol

Quick Reply: Too apply.. or not to apply...