The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Ugh! quiting smoking!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 AM
HCF Member
Default Ugh! quiting smoking!

Down to smoking 2-3 cigs a day from almost a half a pack a day, so im making progress, but i intend on this pack in my pocket to be my last anyone every kick smoking before here on this forum?

Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

Once for a month cuz my buddy bet me a case of beer I couldn't. Then he said if you're just gonna start smoking again I'm not gonna give you one. So I started right back up... It's tough. Keep at it man, I'm down to a pack every 3 days instead of 1 a day.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 AM

Congrats! i'm doing the same exact thing! 2-3 from half a pack!
hahaha

Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Trying to, but it never seems to work. i went from a pack a day to a 1/2 pack a day so im happy.. altho i been rubbing snuff to cut back on cigarettes haha, oh well, snuffs cheaper

Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 AM
HCF Member

Yes, I've quit before and now I only smoke occasionally. Once you get past the first 2 weeks you can do it. Just practice will power, you can do it if you really want to. You will always occasionally crave a cig and most people need to stay away 100% to keep from going back.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm working my way down right now. I was at a full pack a day for a long time... for the last few weeks, I've been down to half a pack. Next week, I'm shooting for a quarter-pack. After that, 2 a day, then quitting altogether. I figure taking things one week at a time is probably the best bet... working on cars all day is frustrating enough, I don't need the withdraw from quitting cold-turkey on top of it lol

I figure if I can get to the point where I only smoke a cigarette every once in a great while and/or when I'm drunk, I'll be happy.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by reaper2022
I figure if I can get to the point where I only smoke a cigarette every once in a great while and/or when I'm drunk, I'll be happy.
my goal

Old 01-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Hate to burst your bubble but 99% of the time that just doesn't work. Been down that road before. Was 100% smoke free for 3 weeks, went to a party thinking I was free and clear, had ONE cig, and was right back to being a fulltime smoker the next day.

I just spent 2 days in the Cleveland Clinic surrounded by Cancer patients. (Not for me, I was there supporting my Dad). That was a real eye opener for a number of reasons, and it made me feel incredibly good about myself for taking the necessary steps towards quitting. I hope, that by the time i'm ready to reorder some e-cig cartridges, that I can get the nicotine free ones. Then, just be done with it all together

It does get easier, keep at it.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Shhhhh.... it's what I'm telling myself so quitting doesn't seem so bad

In reality, when I'm drinking I crave a cigarette for the first few drinks, and if I can keep myself from smoking for the first few drinks, I usually don't have another craving for the rest of the night.

In other words, I plan on quitting 100%; I just like telling myself I'll let me have on every once in a while. Besides, cigarettes tend to taste like sh*t if you don't have one for a week or two.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

I quit last august cold turkey. It was not my first attempt but it finally worked. I had cut down a bit first so i was down to like a pack a week then one day i just gave up. I gave up smoking other things they summer before that so im totally smoke free now.

Quick Reply: Ugh! quiting smoking!