The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

unBREAKable AutoLock

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
HCF Member
Default unBREAKable AutoLock

Anyone know if this device is worthwhile?

http://www.autobarn.net/autolockpro.html

Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Default RE: unBREAKable AutoLock

These have save a few of my friends cars from being stolen. However, if they are good thieves they will just have a flatbed and drag your car onto the trailor. The best thing to do is have good insurance and keep all your aftermarket reciepts becuase they will actually give you money for some things. I do suggest getting that tho, they are very good at detering novice thieves

Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

That's kinda what I thought. Obviously, it's not fool-proof, but I thought it might deter the "amateurs". Anyone else have any experiece w/ these?

Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 AM
HCF Member

I have the club! It is only used on road trips though

Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

I have the club! It is only used on road trips though
And is the most worthless piece of auto security ever made, Hacksaw and 15 seconds and off you go

Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

I just leave a few bullets, and empty casings in the center console and a drop cloth and latex gloves on the back seat. Does the trick every time! ROFL

Old 11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

^ LOL. That's alot cheaper...why didn't I think of that?

Old 11-20-2007, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

I've considered buying it a few years ago, and found that it's a worthless piece of ****. I've read many reviews where it was actually slipped over the break/clutch pedal and the car was still stolen...It's long length gives it so much leverage to either break off part of the pedal, or bend it enough to slip it off. Civic pedals aren't the thickest either... consider a kill switch and a good alarm.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:00 PM

theres this this called a "carlock" its a starter relay with a remote sensor. when you arm it, it shuts down all power to distributer no they couldnt start it at all

Old 11-21-2007, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

There were these things years ago called "AutoTasers". It was one taser bar on the rear dash, and one on the front dash. When you armed it you then had 15 seconds to put a key into a special slot and turn it off. If you didn't 70,000((I think)) would shock everyone in the car for a certain amount of time, and it would start honking and the lights would flash. I wanted one SOOOOO bad, but they took them off the market. Jeez, I can't figure out why? ROFL

Quick Reply: unBREAKable AutoLock