The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Upcoming muscle car wars!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:41 PM
HCF Member
Default Upcoming muscle car wars!

As the title reads, what are your guys opinions. The big 3(or small 3 soon) will all have some type of muscle car in the market(mustang, camaro, challenger) and i was wondering how this is going to effect the automotive sport/industry. I can't wait, we are getting back to the old days of high HP car. I think one big thing that will affect sales will be the price of these vehicles. I am already seeing 05 GT's going for low-mid $20's, it's kindof hard to beat that. Another factor is the base car. A lot of people don't like the v6's, but no one can deny that they are the majority of these cars sales. I think if they keep the base car price down to the very low 20's all these cars have a good shot at becoming hits (minus the mustang since it already is). What are your guys opinions????[/align]

Old 02-09-2007, 03:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Upcoming muscle car wars!

i hate v6's. i would never own one. but my dad does have an 06 gt and its nice and all. i think that the challenger is goint to be a real hit because that thing looks SWEET. as far as the camaro, its ok but i think most people that wanted that sort of "old style" have already got a new model mustang. and with the release of the gt500......well that car is just awesome. still though my civic will SMOKE mustangs and such in about 3 years, thats if i still have it.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

I think it's great.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:04 PM
HCF Member

Thing is, id take a mustang or a high powerd american muscle car over a civic. Thing is, if i can't afford one ill take the civic. But its a Mustang, or a Camaro or a Challenger! I mean.. Its stock and it would kill a civic. Or most civics

Old 02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

i hate v6's. i would never own one. but my dad does have an 06 gt and its nice and all. i think that the challenger is goint to be a real hit because that thing looks SWEET. as far as the camaro, its ok but i think most people that wanted that sort of "old style" have already got a new model mustang. and with the release of the gt500......well that car is just awesome. still though my civic will SMOKE mustangs and such in about 3 years, thats if i still have it.
Well these new v6's aren't going to be bad at all. Now this is speculation so don't take it to heart, but it's rumored that in 2009 the v6 mustang will have aversion of thecyclone engine (Currently in the Ford Edge). That means it will probably put down around 265HP and probably around 270TQ.
Now the other cars are rumored to have a more basic v8, but thats just what i read somewhere. The new sixes aren't bad at all, throw on some bolt-ons and they can get in the mid-low 14's. (A few guys at mustangforums.com are almost at 14flat N/A) I know its kindof hard to shake the old image of the v6's they are pretty much dogs N/A, you have to boost them to get them respected, but the future will be interesting.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

I'm more excited about the Viper/Z06 war going on.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:50 PM

i think if the big three last long enough it will be cool to see, but i am not a muscle car guy really, they are nice and all, but not my cup of tea. i like the small agile cars like civics that can zip around the city, and get great fuel economy doing it, but even civics are big nowadays. i really dislike big cars, but i love off road vehicles, and the new wrangler rubicon is sick.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

Also, the big 3 are not going anywhere. Dont hold your breath, the government will not let it happen. Even with all the recent layoffs the big 3 employ a massive amount of people

Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

I think it's great.
agreed, I wont be buying once anytime soon because i wont be able to, for a long time. I think they all look like good cars and I would take any of them for free.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

I'm more excited about the Viper/Z06 war going on.
and now it might be the viper/corvette ss war going on...

Quick Reply: Upcoming muscle car wars!